BLU Win JR LTE resolution scaling issue after Anniversary Update.

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Ok guys, I have done the WDRT thing and at least I am back with my cell...
Still with 8.1 though, but I am fine with it. Actually I couple of apps I like are not available under win 10

wards242

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Good News!
The scaling issue is fixed!
I have just updated to 10.0.14393.321 using firmware
00130.03720.20001.15023 and the onscreen keyboard alignment is now correct.

Shiveon7

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
hey wards , i amon firmware 15009 , i want to know if it affects performance of AU. i can also see update of .321 in update section shold i upgrade to.321 or first i have to go to wdrt for firmware revision. and one more thing after flashing , will i be going through 10586 or i can jump directly to .321, thanks in advance

wards242

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi Shiveon7, I updated using WDRT on my 130e which gave me 15023, I then ran 10586 for a few weeks until the new update was released and then upgraded to 10.0.14393.321. I haven't tried upgrading from 15009.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi Shiveon7, I updated using WDRT on my 130e which gave me 15023, I then ran 10586 for a few weeks until the new update was released and then upgraded to 10.0.14393.321. I haven't tried upgrading from 15009.

Wards, what version of WDRT are you using. Version 3.10.24401 has failed to recognize any of my phones (on Win10...10586.107 and FW...15009). The problem is that I can't find another recent version of WDRT to try with.

The phones do NOT seem to update any further via the Insider Program at any level. Could it be that FW 15009 is blocked from doing it?

wards242

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi Ektalog, I am using Version 3.10.24401 on Windows 7 Pro.I have just tried it again and it sees the Blu fine with the latest Windows 10 build.
I had problems seeing this Blu phone on my the Windows 10 Pro PC a few months ago using WDRT after Windows 10 mobile builds failed and ended up doing a battery reset via the pin hole inside. I then managed to get the flash lightening mark to come up by powering up the phone until it vibrates and then immediately holding the volume up button until the symbol appeared. Then I manually stepped through WDRT(even though the Blu wasn't seen) and installed the 130q version as that was all that was available at the time and it worked updating it to 15023.
As you have the problem on both phones is it perhaps a problem with USB drivers on your PC or USB cables? Anybody else have a PC you can try?

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, Wards. Your reply may be most useful, and it is interesting. I'll have stuff to try this evening when I get home.

To be sure, the 2 phones that I mentioned in other recent posts are gone, taken back by the dealer. So, I am talking of 3 other similar (and new) ones, two of which replace the ones that I returned and are working, just not upgrading. I ordered these for other folks.

It is very useful that you noted that you did proceed despite no initial recognition by WDRT, which I always did, as well. In my case, however, despite the "flash lightning" mark showing, they are behaving just like the returned ones as far as not being recognized...

...YET these still start a process of updating. It just fails to update shortly after, and this is so reported on screen.

So, PERHAPS -- if I am lucky enough -- it is just the cable. It may be that I always used the same one. It is the only thing I failed to check...it being new and all.

Then, there is the other possibility; that useful bit that you mention about Windows 10 Pro. All my PC's are on Win 10 Pro of various types (levels of Win 10 upgrade) and platforms. I'll take my small, old & slow crappy Samsung laptop home. I keep it in a drawer here at the office and it has plain Win 10.

Many thanks for taking the time. I'll report later.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Bummer, the report is "no joy"...though these kinds of mystery are still fun! Anyway, neither switching cables nor using a "plain" Win 10 PC made a difference. WDRT starts upgrading and then fails, and reports so. I suppose I could find someone who still has Win 7...damn the free Win 10 upgrade...everyone I know upgraded, LOL.

I may try uninstalling what's on the SD card or moving it back to the phone and see what happens, though I did try it earlier.

UPDATE (10/17/16): On any Blu Win Jr LTE 130Q that is allowed to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.10586.107 while on firmware 15009, ANY later attempt to hard-reset the unit by means available to end-users WILL brick it. At this point it is not known if this would be the same for 130E units and/or with other firmware/OS revisions.

I tried everything, including several fresh installs of various Win 7, 8.1 & 10 32/64 and CPUs (Intel/AMD), WDRT Version 3.10.24401, phone hardware resets, (including internal pinhole)...and probably a prayer or two. At best. the phone may be recognized initially but the WDRT update fails shortly after it starts to be applied.

[When a replacement phone is delivered later this week, I may try to update it to the newer firmware via WDRT while still in Win 8. Then I can try the Win 10 upgrades.]

Last edited:

email_filtering

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Good news, at least for all users of the european version of a BLUE Win JR LTE (X130E)!

Today I tried once more to upgrade the OS of my device from Windows 10 Mobile-1511 (build 10586.218) to Windows 10 Mobile-1607 (build 14393.321) and it works AND the touchscreen is still usable! Until this, anyone (as far as I know) got stuck at the 1511-builds as the last usable with a working touchscreen.

Just for interest if someone is curious about the firmware on my device: It's 00130.03720.20001.15023!

Please keep in mind: I've a JR LTE for the european market (X130E), not the (US-)american (X130Q)!

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Great! While I don't think the 130Q units will get it, I am very happy to hear that those on 130Q may.

Was this a regular update request or with W Insider on?

email_filtering

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
After the first attempt to upgrade from W10M-1511 to W10M-1607 I had to flash the device with the WDRT to get it usable again. Afterwards I upgraded the OS from WP 8.1 to W10M-1511 (build 10.586.218) via "update" in the settings menu (at least as far as I remember, possibly with the help of the "update advisor" app, but for sure without the help of the "insider" app). Yesterday I upgraded in the same manner to W10M-1607 (build 14393.321), so without the help of the apps "update advisor" or "insider".

If one uses the (US-)american version of the device (meaning the X130Q) and already has some experience with the WDRT, one could try the same. If it doesn't work on this device, it still can be flashed back to WP 8.1.

There was - as far a I know - no announcement from MS oder BLU that they fixed this bug. So it's - in my opinion - senseless to wait any longer; trying it out is the far quicker way to find out if the bug is fixed for this device too.

Last edited:

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
...So it's - in my opinion - senseless to wait any longer; trying it out is the far quicker way to find out if the bug is fixed for this device too.

Oh Oh....BIG WARNING TO ALL who have a Blu Win Jr LTE, X130Q -- AND -- it already is in Win 10 -1511.107:
1. If you do a hard reset it will likely BRICK.
2. If you try WDRT it will likely fail. Do NOT count on WDRT to bail you out.
3. Phones on Win 8.1 don't seem to be subject to #1 but will likely fail WDRT (#2)
4. Version X130E seems to have no such issues...just make sure, though.
5. If you know that I am wrong, Please TELL US why & how

It appears that the "Q" version lacks the extra memory needed for further upgrades to work. If in doubt, call BLU...not that they were helpful to me.

(BLU seems to have dumped their "lesser version" phone on the US...that's what we humbly get for being the home market.:wink:)

email_filtering

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I don't know any serious reason (except of those mentioned in the next chapter), why WDRT should fail flashing a X130Q with a proper version of WP 8.1! WDRT is an official tool from MS and the software downloaded and flashed via this tool is from MS too! If you choose a wrong device with intent, it's not MS's fault!

Of course, using WDRT is always and in general a little bit dangerous, but for sure not especially for a specific device! So usage of the WDRT is alway the users decision, but there is no reason for panics at all!

And yes, the (US-)american version of the JR LTE is the one with the lower RAM and disk space (both half of the european version), so there might be problems in the future caused by this fact. But if MS offers his builds of Windows 10 Mobile for this device too, they should work. Maybe "slower" than on the european version of this device, but in general ok.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I am so terribly sorry if I put you in a spot on this but I had to warn "Q" users right away when I saw it.

Again to all...the issue appears to be in "X130 Q" units only.

Five perfectly good units died while I tested this on many combinations of hardware/software/OS. The last one, was a very frustrating attempt to at least get WDRT to work with plain stock Win 8.1 (without doing a hard reset). On all these "Q" units that I received from various sources, nothing worked.

I've already posted about this stuff elsewhere. The one thing I could not find was an earlier version of WDRT. All attempts were made with the WDRT version I mentioned then, and it all failed.

That said, I'd love...REALLY love...to be proven wrong. :smile:

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I don't know any serious reason (except of those mentioned in the next chapter), why WDRT should fail flashing a X130Q with a proper version of WP 8.1! WDRT is an official tool from MS and the software downloaded and flashed via this tool is from MS too! If you choose a wrong device with intent, it's not MS's fault!

Of course, using WDRT is always and in general a little bit dangerous, but for sure not especially for a specific device! So usage of the WDRT is alway the users decision, but there is no reason for panics at all!

And yes, the (US-)american version of the JR LTE is the one with the lower RAM and disk space (both half of the european version), so there might be problems in the future caused by this fact. But if MS offers his builds of Windows 10 Mobile for this device too, they should work. Maybe "slower" than on the european version of this device, but in general ok.

You can get the release-to-manufacturing version of Windows 10 Mobile (1511) on your X130Q device using the Insider program. You cannot obtain it using just the "Upgrade Advisor".

However, after installing the initial RTM update using the Insider program, if you attempt to install any further updates, it will complain that you need to free up some storage first. The trouble is, even after you uninstall EVERYTHING optional from the device, you still won't have enough storage free to perform the update.

That may be one of the things that led some people to try a hard reset of their devices: To remove any other cruft that might be left on their devices, hopefully creating slightly more available storage. Trouble is, after you've upgraded to W10M on an X130Q, that hard reset will fail. Every time. Leaving you with an infinite boot loop and nothing at all will bring it back to life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle