Anyone grandfathered with unlimited Data still?

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if anyone else has the new Lumia920 with the (no longer available) unlimited Data plan? I've been an ATT customer for about 5 years now and I am glad that this upgrade didn't force me to change my plan in any way.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Still got it here. Thank god AT&T isn't doing what Verizon's done to their unlimited customers. If you want to upgrade, and you have unlimited data, you will only be allowed to upgrade if you ditch the plan. Don't want to lose the unlimited data? The that phone will not be subsidized. You will pay the full price. Thank you, AT&T!

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I still have the unlimited plan. And yes LTE is so much faster than their "4G" nonsense. Its hard to get much use out of it though since everywhere I go there is WiFi and they have that stupid 20mb file cap. Sure I can stream a video to my hearts content, but if I want to download it for later somehow that's congesting the network.

Last edited:

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Count me in as still having unlimited. Just like you I've been with AT&T for 5 years and have changed multiple times. I've only officially upgraded once but most of my phone purchases have been off contract. LTE unlimited is crazy fast.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Unlimited data is the only way I'd consider AT&T. Their monthly rates are otherwise comedic... more than twice I pay for my MVNO, using the same AT&T network.

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I was forced to switch. I had an old $19.99 unlimited plan called smartphone dataconnect unlimited. When I got my Focus a couple years ago, they had to fight with the system to keep it, but they got it and I had no issues. This time around, I went to the MS store and the sales guy was having problems getting the system to take my plan. An AT&T rep happened to be there and said I could try buying the phone outright and seeing if my sim would at least give me 3G. I walked away and went to the AT&T store to see if I got a different response. Same thing. I asked if they would bump me up to one of the other $30 unlimited grandfathered plans as a courtesy for how long I have been with them ('98). Nothing. I finally looked through my data usage and I've never been over 2GB, so I went ahead and took a tiered plan. I hate having to think about it now...but hopefully AT&T will get onboard with DataSense soon and help me out. It's also nice that WP8 has quite a few new considerations for data usage - i.e. picture sync to SkyDrive via wifi.

morrisonbrett

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I still have my unlimited plan. With this plan, there is no hotspot option and it doesn't work. I would have to change my plan to enable it. Before the 920, I had a jailbroken iPhone 4S with MyWi. Worked great. Now I have no hotspot / tethering. :-(

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I am grandfathered in going back awhile as mine is still the "PDA Package" with unlimited data and 1500 msgs. Because of that, the store claims they still can't do it in the store as they have a simple version of what the call center has so I have to order mine via phone. Every year I go through the same crap...I call...they say "oh you have to upgrade your plan " until I speak to the right supervisor and they admit I don't.

I'll be ordering mine soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb