Verizon Price Matching (Or Lack Thereof) = Epic Fail

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So, I purchased my HTC 8X from our local Verizon store the first day it was available.
It was $199, plus $30 (or so) to "upgrade" my unlimited data to 2GB/month.
I was told that they will price-match for 14 days.
Last week, Walmart was selling it for $99.
This week, they are selling it for $149 with a $100 gift card (basically $50).
I called Verizon (#611 or whatever) and they said they don't price-match with third-party retailers.
They also said that I could return the phone and buy a new one from Walmart (with a restocking fee, of course).
I called our local Verizon store and they said that I need to call TeleService (sp?).
I called TeleService and they said the same thing (even advertising that I could return my phone and get it from Walmart).
That is some seriously lame customer service.
This is the first time that I've ever walked into a Verizon store and purchased a phone.
I think that is the last time that I'll ever walk into a Verizon store and purchase a phone.
JJ

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So, I purchased my HTC 8X from our local Verizon store the first day it was available.
It was $199, plus $30 (or so) to "upgrade" my unlimited data to 2GB/month.
I was told that they will price-match for 14 days.
Last week, Walmart was selling it for $99.
This week, they are selling it for $149 with a $100 gift card (basically $50).
I called Verizon (#611 or whatever) and they said they don't price-match with third-party retailers.
They also said that I could return the phone and buy a new one from Walmart (with a restocking fee, of course).
I called our local Verizon store and they said that I need to call TeleService (sp?).
I called TeleService and they said the same thing (even advertising that I could return my phone and get it from Walmart).
That is some seriously lame customer service.
This is the first time that I've ever walked into a Verizon store and purchased a phone.
I think that is the last time that I'll ever walk into a Verizon store and purchase a phone.
JJ
You have 14 days to return it without a fee.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm...
The guy that I bought the phone from said there would be a restocking fee, but it would be credited to my next phone purchase.
That's assuming that I returned it to get a different phone from the Verizon store.
JJ

VZW in store guys like to pass along misinformation to protect sales; so worst case when you "fight" the restocking fee, they can just chalk it up to "oh I forgot" or "didn't know."

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Within 14 days, you can return the phone and cancel service.

I'd consider calling retentions and threatening to do so, and go to AT&T or T-Mobile, unless they give you a bill credit. That usually scares them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro