What's the best Windows Phone availible for Verizon?

andrewkim789

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just wanted to ask a question to those people on Verizon Wireless. In your opinion, what's the best Windows Phone on this network? The Lumia 822 and 8X is available, and I can't decide which to choose. I had to get 2 replacements for the HTC Trophy in the past because of defects, so I'm kind of leaning on the Nokia. They both have their pros and cons, so which did you choose (or which do you prefer)?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I chose the 822. I bought it on launch day and my Verizon store didn't have an 8X on display or in stock. Otherwise I might have ended up with the 8X. The 8X feels much better in the hand. I was leaning toward the 822 prior to going in the store based on expandable storage and Nokia support for their devices. Once I got in the store and saw the 822 was a decent looking phone I was sold. The main differences between the 8X and 822 are physical appearance, screen resolution, camera, storage and beats audio. I recommend playing with them both in the store prior to buying. Both are very nice phones.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered the 8X from Best Buy, but they could never give me a straight answer as to when it was coming in. I saw they had the 822 in stock, and decided to rent it for a few days and see how it felt. I played with the live version of the AT&T 8X and while it was nice, the 822 won me over. Removable/replaceable battery, up to 64Gig SD card were big factors for me, on top of the fact the 822 just felt right in my hand. I don't sit and watch media on my phone, I've got a tablet and laptop for all that nonsense, so watching HD content on a sub 10" screen is kind of like watching geriatrics play golf. The 822's display is beautiful regardless of what the numbers say. Actual in the field use, I say the 822 is overall a better device.

downstevedown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Every device has its compromises and flaws. For me, the balance of features, expandability, and excellent battery life (48 hours to 33%, anyone?) won me over. the 8x is a great device. The 822 seems better for my style of use.

tampacoder

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
For me, it was the 8X. If you are into the larger screens, then it is what you should go with since there are ONLY two phone options at this time.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The 8X beats out the 822 in terms of the display resolution, camera, and audio. The 822 beats out the 8X in terms of expandable storage, screen technology, OEM support, and exclusive apps. Internally, the devices have the same dual-core Qualcom Snapdragon processor, 1gb of RAM, and 16gb of built-in storage.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The 8X beats out the 822 in terms of the display resolution, camera, and audio. The 822 beats out the 8X in terms of expandable storage, screen technology, OEM support, and exclusive apps. Internally, the devices have the same dual-core Qualcom Snapdragon processor, 1gb of RAM, and 16gb of built-in storage.

The 8X also has a built in headphone amplifier if your into that sort of thing.

IMO though I think the 822 is a better device overall.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The 8X is a higher-end device with a better display. That said, different strokes for different folks. (My father, for instance, preferred the "mid range" Lumia 820 to the Lumia 920). Try out both.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The 8X is a higher-end device with a better display. That said, different strokes for different folks. (My father, for instance, preferred the "mid range" Lumia 820 to the Lumia 920). Try out both.

The 8X has a better camera, display and sound, but other than appearance and feel the phones are equal (besides expandable storage and Nokia apps). If the 8X had a memory card slot I would have gotten it over the 822.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have personally never had any issues with HTC products, my HD7 and Titan 2 are perfect. Then my Lumia 900 was a product disaster, and my 920 overheats. If the 8x came in 32 gigs or more, I would pick that one up, it is a sharp looking device. For Verizon I would go with the 8x.

gar216

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The 822 for the price is the better buy. After seeing the options vzw gave me I decided to wait for the 2nd wave of wp8's. I felt that that they took the best features and cut them in half. The Lumia had the storage, apps, quality, while the 8x had the design, screen res, and audio quality. I felt that the 8x needed more memory to deserve its price tag of $199, but the Lumia 822 would feel too dated long before the contract period ended. Long story short I ended up getting a black 8x from best buy for $99. At that big of a discount I felt ok with the lack of storage space.

The problem with windows phone as a whole right now is that there isn't a complete package.

Lumia 920 - great phone, too heavy for to compete with android phones with similar

Lumia 820's- good phones good apps- specs are too low to last until 2014

8X - is a beautiful phone with an excellent display but lacks storage space and HTC isn't in Nokia's league when it comes to apps and support.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The weight of the Lumia 920 is absolutely not an issue. It feels normal in my hand. I like that is has a nice weight to it.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

gar216

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have heard enough people say that it feels good in the hand that I believe it. But the true downfall to that phone is that its only available on 1 carrier In the us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon