Couple of questions for those familer with AT&T

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So, I caught the AmazonWireless sale of the 8X and picked up 3 for myself and family. Thing is Amazon only offered the one color and the one family plan so here are my questions.

1. My daughter had expressed that she really likes the lime/yellow 8X. Would it be possible to take the device in to a local store and swap it for a different color?

2. As I said, Amazon only offered the family plans when I signed up but I would prefer the data share plans. Would I be able to go to a local store and switch plans before activating the phones?

Thanks for any info/advice you guys can give.

Banner18

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Im not positive on either but I think I know...

1) I doubt it. The purchase was made through amazon so you would essentially be asking ATT to exchange another stores product. You could try, but I wouldnt get my hopes up.
2) I would think they would be willing to change the plan without an issue, especially since they are pushing people that direction in the stores...

Again, no guarantees on either count but I believe that is the case..

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
1) Since you didn't buy from AT&T, they probably won't allow a swap, though it's always worth a try. I'd be prepared for a restocking fee if they do allow it, however. I also believe that the lime yellow is only available in 8GB form.

2) AT&T will allow you to change your plan at any time to whatever works. Migrating to a data share plan is simple and painless. You can even do it online.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Before changing your plan, read the terms and conditions from Amazon. Many times, they will require you to keep your plan for a certain amount of time, or you will be charged the full amount for the device.

greg_mitch

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
James - Did you ever switch your plan? I was thinking about picking up a few 920's for ATT at Amazon and didn't know if you had any issues with Amazon or ATT by switching to a family share plan. My plan was to purchase the phones with the cheapest possible family plan and then after activation, switch to family share plan and get on my employee discount.

Thanks.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
James - Did you ever switch your plan? I was thinking about picking up a few 920's for ATT at Amazon and didn't know if you had any issues with Amazon or ATT by switching to a family share plan. My plan was to purchase the phones with the cheapest possible family plan and then after activation, switch to family share plan and get on my employee discount.

Thanks.

No, turns out I have to keep the plan I got on Amazon for 6 months before I can switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99