Airvoice Anyone?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
With the recent developments from Straight Talk & Net10, they are no longer an option for me because I don't want to be on T-Mo's network. Even though Miami has been re-farmed, coverage is atrocious and battery life suffers big time trying to hold on to HSPA. I checked the list of MVNOs that are on AT&T and the majority have the same pricing structure except Airvoice which is a little cheaper and I have local dealers. Does anybody here have Airvoice and what are you experiencing. I don't care about CS because they all suck across the board.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Air voice so I won't be able to comment on them. I was on the T-Mobile 100min 5gig plan but because of my phone change for the time being I decided to use an AT&T MVNO called Good2go mobile. I like the $30/month unlimited talk/text with 300mins international. For now I will just use WiFi where available for my data. Porting my number over went smooth and so far so good.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Air voice so I won't be able to comment on them. I was on the T-Mobile 100min 5gig plan but because of my phone change for the time being I decided to use an AT&T MVNO called Good2go mobile. I like the $30/month unlimited talk/text with 300mins international. For now I will just use WiFi where available for my data. Porting my number over went smooth and so far so good.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Thanks, I'll check them out. Never heard of them.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I had no idea. I wonder what prompted that. AT&T probably got tired of Straight Talk eating their lunch.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
It's probably too late for this but...

With the recent developments from Straight Talk & Net10, they are no longer an option for me because I don't want to be on T-Mo's network. Even though Miami has been re-farmed, coverage is atrocious and battery life suffers big time trying to hold on to HSPA. I checked the list of MVNOs that are on AT&T and the majority have the same pricing structure except Airvoice which is a little cheaper and I have local dealers. Does anybody here have Airvoice and what are you experiencing. I don't care about CS because they all suck across the board.

The funny thing is that AirVoice customer service is supposedly one of the best out of all the MVNOs. I've never used AirVoice but from what I heard is their backend system or whatever you want to call it sucks, so they use their above average customer service to make up for that. Like at one point, for the data, you could only access it in chunks. Like say your plan had 500MB of data, but you could only use 100MB at a time before having to call into customer service so you could use your next 100MB. (Those numbers aren't real, by the way, just creating an example). I think they fixed that by now, but basically that's the type of thing you'll get from AirVoice. I'd choose them over RedPocket and H2O.

They don't offer AT&T SIMs anymore, only T-Mo. Started this past Friday 1/25

You could get them from WalMart when they aren't sold out. I actually have some that I bought back when there was a promotion and they were $5 each. Was planning to sell them in December, glad I didn't get the chance to. If you want one, just ask.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea. I wonder what prompted that. AT&T probably got tired of Straight Talk eating their lunch.

There's actually a thread over at howardforums where people are coming up with a bunch of theories as to why, but basically, nobody knows for sure. Haha, it's pretty funny though how everyone there is trying to stock up on Net10 and Straight Talk AT&T SIMs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss