08-28-2013 09:31 PM
67 123
tools
    This would be outrageous... I will seriously consider switching carriers if they do not get their act together on this ASAP.
    I think that Wi-Fi detail is misleading or erroneous. The rep may have been referring to the Verizon Messaging, which may or may not require SOME kind of data connection, be it Wi-Fi or 3G/4G. That said, I'll be reaching out to my rep who I filed my original BBB claim with to see if I can't get an update.

Also, with all this news about Verizon handing over certain data to NSA and FBI, I wonder how long it would take for them to sort out through unthreaded group text messages. lolz.

Not that VZW is implicated in the news (right now it's only Verizon Business), just something that made me chuckle.
    06-06-2013 12:06 PM
    Hahahaha!
    06-06-2013 12:39 PM
    I can see them in their spy office now..." damn guys these terrorists are wp8 users... This is gonna take a while to sort out..."
    06-06-2013 12:41 PM
    I think that Wi-Fi detail is misleading or erroneous. The rep may have been referring to the Verizon Messaging, which may or may not require SOME kind of data connection, be it Wi-Fi or 3G/4G. That said, I'll be reaching out to my rep who I filed my original BBB claim with to see if I can't get an update.

Also, with all this news about Verizon handing over certain data to NSA and FBI, I wonder how long it would take for them to sort out through unthreaded group text messages. lolz.

Not that VZW is implicated in the news (right now it's only Verizon Business), just something that made me chuckle.
    this is exactly what I think they will end up doing, which is confusing because we know the phone has the function available. Whatever. As my engineering prof used to say "if horses were wishes, then beggars would ride."
    06-06-2013 01:23 PM
    My VZW rep said the SU2 was pushed back with a tentative date of GFY.

Looks like we won't be getting it :(
    06-14-2013 08:55 AM
    My VZW rep said the SU2 was pushed back with a tentative date of GFY.

Looks like we won't be getting it :(
    well that's not very cool.
    dwurl likes this.
    06-14-2013 12:51 PM
    Everyone head over to the BBB website and file a complaint. It's quick and easy and probably the best way to get results. https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started
    primortal and toddro6 like this.
    06-14-2013 02:11 PM
    Everyone head over to the BBB website and file a complaint. It's quick and easy and probably the best way to get results. https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started
    This is how I got in touch with my Verizon rep. I'd be interested to hear if anyone gets different results.
    06-19-2013 08:37 AM
    I got a response from @VZWSupport thanking me for my patience. Here's our back and forth.

@VZWSUPPORT re: windows 8x update for group messaging...is it happening 2Q13 like expected or is it being pushed out. Hearing rumors.
    @Toddro6 I understand your eagerness! When an official release is available, details can be found here:Verizon Wireless News and Announcements .^AB
    @VZWSupport I'll prob keep checking for updates daily. I'm just worried that it isn't being addressed.
    @Toddro6 I understand your discontent and your patience is greatly appreciated.^AB
    06-20-2013 01:20 PM
    T-minus 7 days to Q3
    06-24-2013 09:31 AM
    T-minus 7 days to Q3

Get over to the BBB website and file complaints, VZW customers!
    06-24-2013 11:34 AM
    It would be "fun" to see a spam/trolling campaign about this on all of Verizon's social media. It would be a change from the "typical actions" against another carrier. Lol
    06-24-2013 02:48 PM
    I just posted to their twitter. My handle is @matsudanolive. You can find me and retwit, or whatever it is the kids call it these days.
    06-25-2013 08:28 AM
    I just posted to their twitter. My handle is @matsudanolive. You can find me and retwit, or whatever it is the kids call it these days.
    I keep getting a pretty canned response to keep an eye on their news and announcements site with a link. This is definitely not a topic that will be found there, as far as I can tell.
    06-25-2013 08:44 AM
    Can't hurt to try. Besides, my BBB guy is a dead horse. At this point he just keeps telling me to contact HTC and Microsoft. He won't even entertain the idea that it's Verizon's responsibility anymore.
    06-25-2013 08:51 AM
    I might buy a Nexus 4 off craigslist and root it. I just feel like as soon as I do that, Verizon will fix this issue.
    06-25-2013 09:52 AM
    I have a Galaxy Nexus I can sell you for dirt cheap ;)
    06-25-2013 11:40 AM
    Something tells me the weekend isn't a good time to release an update.
    06-28-2013 09:27 AM
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's Q3.
    07-01-2013 09:20 AM
    Lol nothing new from Verizon promising a feature for a certain device and delivering late. Maube this feature is coming on GDR2
    07-01-2013 10:43 AM
    Lol nothing new from Verizon promising a feature for a certain device and delivering late. Maube this feature is coming on GDR2
    If that's true, I hope that GDR2 is coming to VZW phones sooner rather than later. I have no doubt that they were planning on delivering the update to fix MMS/group messaging before July. Hopefully the willingness to wait to push it out until GDR2 means that GDR2 is right around the corner.
    07-01-2013 11:01 AM
    There are a lot of features coming in GDR2 (many are implemented because of new and current FCC regulation, Qualcomm CDMA compliance, and several others which includes group messaging functionality for several carriers worldwide including Verizon.
    07-01-2013 11:59 AM
    This issue has never severely irritated me until now. Its summer and I get stuck in about 4 group chats a day and then (no joke) my phone opens up like 40 threads to receive messages from each person, including numbers that I don't even know. I used to be fine with it, but now it is just ridiculously annoying!
    07-01-2013 12:18 PM
    From what I can tell, I have one of the first written confirmations that group text will be enabled with a "mid-year software update". My guess is GDR2. This was a response to a complaint I filed with the BBB.

I've been following this thread for months, and while I don't normally post in forums, I felt it I would be a terrible person if I kept this to myself.
    Attached Thumbnails response.jpg  
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    07-03-2013 05:47 PM
    As I've been saying since March, it is coming in gdr2, which Verizon planned on releasing at the end of June through the end of July. I recently got a call from Verizon confirming it will be out very soon. This info is coming through corporate support at a relatively high level, so I actually trust it

Edit: Just to clarify, I know the email said end of second quarter, but that was the expected timeline on gdr2. The subsequent calls I got after that email (later in March and then end of June from the same tech) told me it would most likely be July
    07-03-2013 06:21 PM
67 123