04-05-2013 11:30 AM
34 12
tools
    That's pretty crappy. I got scammed by a T-Mobile rep in early 2011 when I went to a store in my neighborhood to replace the phone I'd lost earlier that day. I had no clue about data at the time because I'd still had a feature phone and T-Zones for $2.99 per month. She told me I wouldn't be able to use the Nokia E73 Mode I got to replace it with T-Zones and tricked me into buying a 200MB data plan for $15 per month. It was only a few months ago that I learned right here on WPCentral that I actually could have continued using my T-Zones as a means to get online on my phone. Go figure, the wireless carriers' stores are full of B.S. artists. Sorry that happened to your dad.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-28-2013 08:18 PM
    Thankfully we've adopted a new sales process called Earn The Right and any scamming reps who work for a legit store manager will not last long.

A few of the guys at my home store pulled the SD card trick and one if them is no longer with the company. Believe it or not, these scammers are not tolerated and if they get caught they get fired.

If you have the sales reps name, go on our website and give him a 1/10 customer service survey. That will get him grilled hardcore, much like he deserves to be. Make you drop the word "rude" in there because that's a terminable offense if the customer isn't bat****.

One final thing, DO NOT feel like you're getting some college kid let go from his minimum wage job. Starting salary at Verizon is $45,000 a year if you hit your quota every month. We are paid like professionals so absolutely need to be responsible like professionals.
    03-28-2013 08:48 PM
    Thankfully we've adopted a new sales process called Earn The Right and any scamming reps who work for a legit store manager will not last long.

A few of the guys at my home store pulled the SD card trick and one if them is no longer with the company. Believe it or not, these scammers are not tolerated and if they get caught they get fired.

If you have the sales reps name, go on our website and give him a 1/10 customer service survey. That will get him grilled hardcore, much like he deserves to be. Make you drop the word "rude" in there because that's a terminable offense if the customer isn't bat****.

One final thing, DO NOT feel like you're getting some college kid let go from his minimum wage job. Starting salary at Verizon is $45,000 a year if you hit your quota every month. We are paid like professionals so absolutely need to be responsible like professionals.
    You're my hero, im going to check the reciepts
    03-28-2013 08:58 PM
    When I get a new smartphone from AT&T, the store manager always takes care of me. He knows me (and knows I'm tech savvy), so he never tries to upsell anything.
    there's nothing wrong with up selling as long as its a legitimate need for whatever it is your buying.
    03-28-2013 09:15 PM
    Verizon stores are the worst, their phones are always more expensive then online stores and they don't price match.
    04-03-2013 11:21 AM
    Verizon stores are the worst, their phones are always more expensive then online stores and they don't price match.
    When you have a store that costs thousands of dollars a month to maintain and 10+ employees to pay, yet you have no high mark up items like clothing to supplement the costs, sometimes you have to charge more.

Maybe use your brain a little next time buddy.
    04-04-2013 11:26 PM
    EDIT: sowie
    Last edited by ninjaap; 04-05-2013 at 09:59 PM.
    04-05-2013 12:30 AM
    Okay guys, this thread is starting to degenerate, let's pull back on track and stop the personal attacks.
    04-05-2013 10:00 AM
    Yeh, this is a thread against Verizon! Not each other! We must not turn against our brethren!
    04-05-2013 11:30 AM
34 12