T-mobile's new plans are every geek's dream

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Question

I was under the impression that a lot more of the 1900 bands would suddenly activate after April 12, meaning unlocked AT&T phones would get 3g on Tmobiles network, is this true?

T-Mobile is activating some of the 1900 bands, but from what I understand it may not be everywhere. I would head over to tmonews.com which is a website that covers daily news concerning all things T-Mobile. I'm sure you will find tons of info there. :)

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Actually their prepaid customer service is outsourced, however there is a little known secret that works with alot of big corporations nowadays...tweet them! I believe their USA Twitter account is tmobilehelp. They respond quickly and if you need something that is specific to your account they provide you with an email address in which they respond back within hours (sometimes minutes) of writing them. This is how I correspond with them now. No calling...its quick, friendly, and efficient! No waiting on hold for an hour or 30 minutes....no language barriers or scripted answers to your concerns. Try it, you'll probably never call them again! Lol!

Alex Zapata

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The big thing for me on t-mobile right now is that not only do they offer unlimited data, but in most of the areas I go the data service is very respectable. Sprint might have unlimited data, but not at this price.

Plus, I don't even want to imagine what my overage fee would be for consuming 100GB of data in a month, or even 30, which is closer to my average.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
After taking another look at the new plans on Tmo's website it seems the $70 unlimited plan only comes with 500MB of data for tethering and I cant find any info on what happens beyond that nor is there any option listed for adding tethering. If I'm reading this right that means the unlimited plan isnt really as good a deal as I originally thought and assuming tethering will cost at least $15 that narrows the gap to what I'm paying on at&t and makes a move less attractive.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
After taking another look at the new plans on Tmo's website it seems the $70 unlimited plan only comes with 500MB of data for tethering and I cant find any info on what happens beyond that nor is there any option listed for adding tethering. If I'm reading this right that means the unlimited plan isnt really as good a deal as I originally thought and assuming tethering will cost at least $15 that narrows the gap to what I'm paying on at&t and makes a move less attractive.

The trick is to get the 2GB plan and then add on according to your needs..

Alex Zapata

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
It is correct that the basic unlimited plan only comes with 500MB of tethering data, however you can add 2 or 4GB of additional tethering data for an additional $10 or $20 respectively for a total of 2.5 or 4.5GB respectively. I personally don't tether that much, but I do understand that others have to. (Although I do use >50GB a month with my phone sometimes).

If you need to tether more, just add on data as you need from the 2GB plan.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The trick is to get the 2GB plan and then add on according to your needs..

It is correct that the basic unlimited plan only comes with 500MB of tethering data, however you can add 2 or 4GB of additional tethering data for an additional $10 or $20 respectively for a total of 2.5 or 4.5GB respectively. I personally don't tether that much, but I do understand that others have to. (Although I do use >50GB a month with my phone sometimes).

If you need to tether more, just add on data as you need from the 2GB plan.

I guess that's how it works but then it doesnt really offer an advantage for me over at&t since I already get 5GB of data I can tether. My original impression was that unlimited also included tethering so I'll have to rethink how much it will cost me on Tmo vs staying on at&t.

Alex Zapata

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I should probably clarify. I was referring to the unthrottled unlimited plan. All of the tiered plans have tethering included. You just add as much as you need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon