T-Mobile grows a little stronger. MetroPCS merger approved.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
tmobile sucks in terms of data speed i feel.

Actually, it depends. A data test done last year in the top (major) US cities showed the T-Mobile had the fastest 3G (both upload and download) and fastest consistent 4G. (Att had faster upload 4G, but slower download. Verizon had faster download 4G, but slower upload).However, in more rural areas, and much of central US, T-Mobile doesn't really have the signal to prove whether they have good speed or not. Also, T-Mobile uses different bands/frequencies for their 4G, and in most of central America, their 3G, due to ATT owning most the spectrum, and not even all their own phones they sell support such odd bands/frequencies (such as the Lumia 810, which according to GSM arena, doesn't support the 1700 MHz frequency). So speed may vary by handset and location, but where T-mo is at its best, it is the best (in speed)

Though it will most likely get better. After T-Mobile refarms some of the Metro PCS spectrum (and some of the old 2G spectrum) it will hopefully get better.

Ultimately moved to LTE, I would imagine, so it may be a slow process over 2 years.

In an article I read, T-Mobile explained that at first they wont do anything, but they will slowly move people over to T-Mobile if I remember the article correctly, and require them to purchase new devices. and I think it was a 2 - 4 year timespan. Though don't quote me on this part because I may be misremembering the article.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
With T-Mobile, it depends on where you live. In Chicago, T-Mobile has a strong signal everywhere I've been. AT&T definitely has better coverage if you travel out of Chicago.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I had it in Boston I work in the city and it sucked. I went to atnt and now my data is blazing fast compared to tmobiles network speed.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I had it in Boston I work in the city and it sucked. I went to atnt and now my data is blazing fast compared to tmobiles network speed.

T-Mobile usually has pretty fast HSPA+ in most cities, and are in the process of rolling out LTE, but I don't think their network is good in Boston. There's another forum I frequent, and some user there keeps talking about how T-Mobile sucks in his area (which I believe is Boston), which is why he has AT&T.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile usually has pretty fast HSPA+ in most cities, and are in the process of rolling out LTE, but I don't think their network is good in Boston. There's another forum I frequent, and some user there keeps talking about how T-Mobile sucks in his area (which I believe is Boston), which is why he has AT&T.

I have a friend who lives in the Boston area. He said that T-Mobile has terrible coverage in Boston and its suburbs.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend who lives in the Boston area. He said that T-Mobile has terrible coverage in Boston and its suburbs.

Let's dial it back with the Boston bashing. I think they've been through enough, and I'm a Dolphin fan who hates Brady, Bellichick and the Patriots.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I live North Of Boston, We don't have any Issues with T-Mo in the Andover's and north, in fact everywhere I go in New England reception and speed is pretty much the same. Now when I hit Boston Proper, Forget it calls drop, I can go from 3-4 bars to 0, from one block to another and it you know Boston the blocks are not large. Most of my business is Boston North so it's never been an operational issue with us. None the less T-Mobile current WP8 offering is rather bleak, only one device refurbished.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss