Verizon LTE sim cards....(just drop into a new phone ?)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Here is a question I can't find an answer on. Verizon's LTE network requires a SM card now, so Verizon is moving towards the SIM card model. I have a HTC 8X with a LTE SIM in it.

The question I have, is Verizon's LTE SIM cards like GSM based cards. What I am getting at is, Can I just take a Verizon SIM and remove it from my 8X and move it to another VzW LTE based phone with out having to deal with changing the ESN on line ?

Is Verizon's LTE cards just like GSM based, I just want to swap my card into a different phone to use that phone....for the day or 2...?

bono1979

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
You can swap the card from one Verizon lte phone to another as long as the they take the same size Sims card the iPhone takes a different size card I think , all others should be the same

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Was just about to post a correction. I just read someone else on another thread talking about swapping the sim card freely.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My understanding of the CDMA carriers was that they didn't use sims, but I guess Verizon's changing something now? My question now is with the new Lumia 928 being on Verizon, can I buy the phone from them off contract, and drop in a Net 10 or Straight talk sim card?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My understanding of the CDMA carriers was that they didn't use sims, but I guess Verizon's changing something now? My question now is with the new Lumia 928 being on Verizon, can I buy the phone from them off contract, and drop in a Net 10 or Straight talk sim card?
Pretty much every phone that Verizon sells supports GSM nowadays, so they all have SIM cards. As long as the SIM is unlocked then you will be able to do this. I'm actually using my old Verizon Trophy on Net10, but I had to make sure to get the unlock code from Verizon before I switched.

Edit: It turns out that I might be wrong about that. Take a look at this thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-822/226036-unlocked-lumia-822-apn-problem.html

Looks like Verizon pulled some shenanigans with the latest update to prevent people from using the 822 on other networks. That may be the case with the 928 as well.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss