AT&T is adding ANOTHER fee

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The overhaul will be replacing their legacy 3G equipment (AT&T will discontinue EDGE in a few years), replace antenna, wiring, and adding more backhaul in order to modernize their infrastructure and reduce costs related to network maintenance and roaming (yes, they do pay roaming access to several regional carriers). This is the exact same thing Sprint is doing nationwide, as well as deploying LTE simultaneously. It's not just installing LTE equipment as the other three carriers are doing.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The overhaul will be replacing their legacy 3G equipment (AT&T will discontinue EDGE in a few years), replace antenna, wiring, and adding more backhaul in order to modernize their infrastructure and reduce costs related to network maintenance and roaming (yes, they do pay roaming access to several regional carriers). This is the exact same thing Sprint is doing nationwide, as well as deploying LTE simultaneously. It's not just installing LTE equipment as the other three carriers are doing.

Good for AT&T. They've come a long way from 2009 when their network was heavily congested. They're actually rolling out LTE a lot faster than I expected.

Why is Sprint heavily bashed here? Because no WP8 phones? Aren't you the person who said Microsoft's CDMA coding wasn't up to Qualcomm standards?

At first I thought the bashing was about their slow data speeds, but that wouldn't make sense since their only Windows Phone was the Arrive.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not only improving coverage, but to meet FCC guidelines AT&T had not been compliant and fined in the Billions of dollars annually like e911, better cell network encryption, and other mandates they have been "reluctant" to comply, besides they need to make sure they meet security and network connectivity Apple is requiring from all carriers (Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and the regionals have meet them, AT&T may not be able to carry the next iPhone unless they come into some compromise).

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Good for AT&T. They've come a long way from 2009 when their network was heavily congested. They're actually rolling out LTE a lot faster than I expected.

Why is Sprint heavily bashed here? Because no WP8 phones? Aren't you the person who said Microsoft's CDMA coding wasn't up to Qualcomm standards?

At first I thought the bashing was about their slow data speeds, but that wouldn't make sense since their only Windows Phone was the Arrive.

If the Arrive was the only WP7 phone carried by Sprint and the majority of postpaid CDMA carriers in the US (and zero WP7 presence in the prepaid market), don't you think there were reasons behind it besides poor sales, and a exclusive GSM focus by Microsoft? The FCC caught up to it when it asked representatives from Sprint, C-Spire, US Cellular and even Verizon, and they stated major flaw on the coding for CDMA used by Microsoft (which is still China Mobile based over the current Qualcomm standards), and most CDMA have been siding with Sprint and the FCC to get the coding fixed. Hopefully, Microsoft has presented the update (perhaps 8.1) with the correct Qualcomm coding to have devices for Sprint and other CDMA carriers coming up.

Perhaps the Samsung event in June may bring answers and reveal if the exclusive for the Ativ S for Sprint is true, and if the rumored SPH-I800 device listing matches it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99