I just went into the store and noticed that there is now an EE Recommends area above the Nokia equivalent. Has anyone else in the UK on EE noticed this. Also, i wonder what this could mean(fingers crossed hoping for DataSense)
    06-18-2013 02:41 PM
    It appeared on my non-EE phone too the other day. To be fair though, I'm using a Virgin Mobile UK SIM who do piggy back on the EE network. It's annoying me though because I'm not technically with EE because Virgin aren't technically a part of the EE brand.

So far, all I can tell is that there are a few app recommendations from EE and that's it. As for EE supporting Data sense, I'm not sure but I do know Virgin won't be. Whether that's because EE won't be supporting it I don't know but if EE will be supporting it then there's no reason for Virgin not to.
    06-18-2013 02:55 PM
    Glad to know it wasn't a glitch. I do hope that this is a sign of improved support from EE for the platform. Their recommended apps though leave alot to be desired.
    06-18-2013 03:05 PM
    Something else I've noticed recently as well is if I do a manual network scan I did see Virgin 4G as an option but obviously Virgin don't do 4G. I don't see it anymore but it was there briefly
    06-18-2013 04:09 PM
    Something else I've noticed recently as well is if I do a manual network scan I did see Virgin 4G as an option but obviously Virgin don't do 4G. I don't see it anymore but it was there briefly

Maybe u saw something they are testing?? I know virgin will launching there 4G at some point. Maybe they are testing the network?
    06-18-2013 04:18 PM
    Changed to "EE picks" now. Still no new apps.
    07-19-2013 07:42 AM
    Just found out there was a My EE app for windows phone. Was this common knowledge?

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...f-6086c9f867e4
    08-29-2013 01:15 PM
    Just found out there was a My EE app for windows phone. Was this common knowledge?

Yeah, that app has been around for a while now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    08-29-2013 01:35 PM
    I just went into the store and noticed that there is now an EE Recommends area above the Nokia equivalent. Has anyone else in the UK on EE noticed this. Also, i wonder what this could mean(fingers crossed hoping for DataSense)
    EE Recommends had been there for a few months. I don't believe it has anything to do with Data Sense-merely a marketing tool. The app selection is woeful sadly.
    08-29-2013 04:03 PM
    Haha! Guess what? The My EE app just got updated today. Funny. Its almost awesome now, can see my data usage on WiFi and many other features. Check it out

DreadVenom likes this.
    08-30-2013 10:49 AM
    Haha! Guess what? The My EE app just got updated today. Funny. Its almost awesome now, can see my data usage on WiFi and many other features. Check it out

Was just about to make a thread about this for uk users. I just got the update and its a million times better than the original piece if turd they released. Data Usage over WiFi is a godsend. Just hoping for LiveTile on next update though that may come after GDR2 which i expect to have DataSense, which will succeed the myEE app. I do hope EE don't screw us over.....
    08-30-2013 03:56 PM

MY EE | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    thing is i think this app is a straight android port, it just dont work that well on Windows Phone, Id personally more like it if they invested a bit more time and make an app, with a Modern UI look, as well as a live tile, but it helps since the Your Orange app hasnt been updated since October 2012, so go figure!
    09-01-2013 02:25 PM
    thing is i think this app is a straight android port, it just dont work that well on Windows Phone, Id personally more like it if they invested a bit more time and make an app, with a Modern UI look, as well as a live tile, but it helps since the Your Orange app hasnt been updated since October 2012, so go figure!
    I think its an iOS port, look at the screenshots on the platforms. Its awful but functional, at least its a start.
    09-02-2013 05:35 AM
    Just tried it out, its pretty damn good compared to the previous effort. Nice update. Now, if only they'd sort out that other upd.... ;)
    09-02-2013 06:14 AM
    They've added 4 more apps to the EE picks list, My EE, TeamViewer, Deezer and Monsters University.
    09-11-2013 12:43 PM
    It appeared on my non-EE phone too the other day. To be fair though, I'm using a Virgin Mobile UK SIM who do piggy back on the EE network. It's annoying me though because I'm not technically with EE because Virgin aren't technically a part of the EE brand.

So far, all I can tell is that there are a few app recommendations from EE and that's it. As for EE supporting Data sense, I'm not sure but I do know Virgin won't be. Whether that's because EE won't be supporting it I don't know but if EE will be supporting it then there's no reason for Virgin not to.
    Bit of an update to my original reply but the EE recommends section has disappeared from my phone since the Amber update. And I did get Data sense which is working perfectly even though Virgin said that they wouldn't be supporting it.
    Maybe it's because I have an unbranded handset which wasn't supplied by Virgin? Whatever the case, it's a win win for me because I have got rid of EE recommends from my store and gained a fully working Data sense application too. Happy days:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    09-11-2013 01:17 PM
    Ee recommends has always been there for me, literally day one as far as I am aware. If not then shortly afterwards. To be honest, I looked at the list months ago and was so gutted, looked lime crud. Like their wretched swapable tosh. The choice used to be Deezer and some bloody horoscope crud. I bagged Deezer, though and I have made use of it. The rest....... Nope.
    09-16-2013 04:33 PM