opinions on who's the best carrier...looking to switch

jhnybgood47

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I am currently paying ~$165 for 2 smartphones on a 4GB data plan Verizon contract. I want to switch carriers but don't know if there other carriers out there are the same way. Every month my cell phone bill goes up a little bit more.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The best carrier is always going to be the one that offers the best coverage in the area where a person lives, works and travels. It won't matter if other carriers are cheaper if signal is bad, and one cannot use his/her device. If more than one carrier has a strong signal, then it is possible to consider pricing.

Have you asked your family, friends and neighbours about the quality and reliability of carriers other than Verizon? I'd recommend asking people who live, work and travel in the same places what their coverage is like with their carriers, rather than relying on the coverage maps on carriers' websites, since the carriers are not always honest on their coverage maps. Once you have an idea how other people you know like their coverage, then you can investigate carriers with less expensive plans.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am currently paying ~$165 for 2 smartphones on a 4GB data plan Verizon contract. I want to switch carriers but don't know if there other carriers out there are the same way. Every month my cell phone bill goes up a little bit more.

I pay $36 per line on ATT towers for unlimited service...

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Laura is right all around, especially about coverage. The T-Mobile map for our area shows the strongest signal available, but in the house we barely get two bars and have lots of dropped calls.

That said, using WiFi calling almost balances out that negative. All in all, we really like T-Mobile, price, customer service, and feature-wise.

mlouisville

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to get a new phone and will switch from an iphone to a new windows phone. Was wondering if anyone has heard if VZW will get the new 41pixel Lumina 1020 and when?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2