One Carrier To Rule Them All?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jridgers

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Coverage aside - does any US carrier hold any advantages over the others for Windows Phone? Why?

I'm currently on Verizon, but AT&T is also strong in my area. Wondering if either is the better network for Windows Phone or another carrier altogether.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
All carriers ultimately suck.

That said, aside of their delays with GDR2 I am happy with AT&T. They're a little more expensive, but their customer support has always been top-notch for me. Plus, AT&T is the only network that has consistent quality service both at my home and at my office.

I was on Verizon for a while in my pre-smartphone days. Their coverage was good but their customer support sucked all the things. Which is why I switched to AT&T... well, that and the iPhone, heh.

Anyway, your mileage may vary and all that.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If you are still using one of the big four carriers you are behind the times.

I don't get it either.

With T-Mobile I cut my bill by $80 per month.

AT&T will have most of the flagship devices. T-Mobile has the best plans while sprint nearly has no support for Windows phone though lately they have pick up their game.

As for the smaller carriers I am not sure how they support Windows phone

Sent from my LG-D801 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Like in my area the only carriers that exist are AT&T and Verizon. Verizon has undoubtably the better coverage, AT&T has decent coverage, Sprint is present but only if you are on food stamps will you have Sprint, T-Mobile doesn't exist at all, like coverage or stores.

There are no other carriers except for the prepaid (Cricket, Boost, Virgin) but they are terrible.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah all the mvno's in my area piggyback Sprint. Not a good thing at all.

Yeah same here. I always figured because Sprint's network is weak they can offer such good deals. I used Virgin Mobile for over a year. The service where I live was OK, but I didn't like not having a very good selection of devices. That's part of the reason why I now use a GSM MVNO, so I can have my choice of phone. The only requirement is that it's either unlocked or AT&T (in my case; it could be T-Mobile for someone else). $45 for unlimited/unlimited/2.5GB LTE service from AT&T is pretty good.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
*facepalm*

really people? have none of you heard of MVNOs?

Yes. I'd love to use an MVNO. But there's not one that I can put a Windows Phone on, and still be on Verizon's network, which is the only network with acceptable coverage where I live. Don't be so quick to judge.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
that is BS. You can go with Page Plus and live on Verizon's network. You can bring your own phone too they just don't advertise it.

NET10 does as well, you have to run your phones ESN to verify but they do http://ntbyop.com/net10/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss