One Carrier To Rule Them All?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well, your grandparents are paying taxes and fees on top of that $40 which you are choosing not to break out to your line, so while you may have some sweet deal where you give them $40 or whatever, they are not only paying $40 on that line.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
what can you possibly be doing to get throttled in the first place? I've never been throttled and I use my data for everything reasonably possible.

I don't know, it's actually my wife's! :wink: But until recently Straight Talk was very strict if you were using AT&T's service. In fact, for a few months they weren't even offering AT&T SIM cards. But now they're back, with LTE service and an increased data allowance.

I do know that Straight Talk has different rules for different carriers' services. That's probably why you never had any issues with data usage. We have unlocked GSM phones which limits us to T-Mobile or AT&T service. They were lenient with data usage on T-Mobile but very strict on AT&T. Users were reporting being throttled at or less than 1GB in a month's time. It seemed somewhat arbitrary. Where we live, T-Mobile is not a viable option. I never had Verizon or Sprint service through Straight Talk, so I have no experience there.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
well, your grandparents are paying taxes and fees on top of that $40 which you are choosing not to break out to your line, so while you may have some sweet deal where you give them $40 or whatever, they are not only paying $40 on that line.

Well yeah, I mean they pay the primary family plan which they would have to whether I'm on it or not, but adding me makes it only $40 extra. So until they kick me off, I am super content! At that point I may actually switch to straighttalk

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the sig should be more like, "I'm a bully who will belittle you if you are on one of the big four."

I concur. There's a lot more than just price when it comes down to carrier selection. I get a FAN discount with AT&T because my company has a corporate account. For that same reason, I get business support should I ever need it. I've never had a problem with AT&T; I may pay a little more, but to me that extra cost is worth the benefits I'm getting. I would not get those same benefits with a MVNO.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the sig should be more like, "I'm a bully who will belittle you if you are on one of the big four."

you are just mad because you stated misinformation and got called out on it. If you want to call anyone who raises the BS flag on misinformation a "bully" then shame on you.

Last edited:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
All carriers ultimately suck.

That said, aside of their delays with GDR2 I am happy with AT&T. They're a little more expensive, but their customer support has always been top-notch for me. Plus, AT&T is the only network that has consistent quality service both at my home and at my office.

I was on Verizon for a while in my pre-smartphone days. Their coverage was good but their customer support sucked all the things. Which is why I switched to AT&T... well, that and the iPhone, heh.

Anyway, your mileage may vary and all that.

I have a totally different experience. I have Verizon and have had nothing but excellent customer service. A co-worker on AT&T was complaining last night about his experience with their customer service. Verizon has better coverage in my area, so that is who we stay with.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I concur. There's a lot more than just price when it comes down to carrier selection. I get a FAN discount with AT&T because my company has a corporate account. For that same reason, I get business support should I ever need it. I've never had a problem with AT&T; I may pay a little more, but to me that extra cost is worth the benefits I'm getting. I would not get those same benefits with a MVNO.
Same here.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

a cellular tower provider is responsible for one thing, providing a reliable signal to which your compliant device can make and receive phone calls. If they do that, there should be no reasons to call them for "support".

I have never had to call ST for support. I can't recall calling ATT either except for times when they put **** on my bill that was a hidden fee or false overage charge. I removed that need for "support" by switching to ST.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
you are just mad because you stated misinformation and got called out on it. If you want to call anyone who raises the BS flag on misinformation a "bully" then shame on you.

Actually, no, I didn't call out misinformation. You may be able to get a "phone" onto Page Plus, but getting a "Windows Phone" is not quite as simple. Even if was wrong, by using profanity and other such bully tactics, you are just that. A bully. That's all you are.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I also get a corporate discount - on Verizon. And I have multiple phones, not just the single phone on my account. Mr. Bully doesn't seem to want to accept that there are situations where he is wrong.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
a cellular tower provider is responsible for one thing, providing a reliable signal to which your compliant device can make and receive phone calls. If they do that, there should be no reasons to call them for "support".

I have never had to call ST for support. I can't recall calling ATT either except for times when they put **** on my bill that was a hidden fee or false overage charge. I removed that need for "support" by switching to ST.

More from the bully pulpit.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If they do that, there should be no reasons to call them for "support".

*buzz* wrong, but thanks for playing. :)

AT&T support is who you call for any type of move, add, or change on your plan. I have to make those frequently. I also have to make them on behalf of about 50 other mobile phone users.

Just because an MVNO works for you and your individual needs, you shouldn't assume they will for everyone else.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Actually, no, I didn't call out misinformation. You may be able to get a "phone" onto Page Plus, but getting a "Windows Phone" is not quite as simple. Even if was wrong, by using profanity and other such bully tactics, you are just that. A bully. That's all you are.

You said there were no MVNOs on Verizon, you are wrong as I pointed out. Now you are trying to weasel out of that and say you can't get Windows Phones on Verizon MVNO....wrong again as I pointed out (NET10, etc) now you accuse me of profanity which I used none in my responses to you (otherwise the profanity filters would have caught them) and lastly you resort to name calling because you have no more retorts. You may choose to live blissfully ignorant of solutions that save you money, but you will not get away with spreading FUD and misinformation to others on a public forum.

you were wrong, wrong, then wrong again. And instead of just saying hey thanks I was wrong, you resort to name calling and further actions which cannot be called out here on this board which are against forum rules. your actions are shameful.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
*buzz* wrong, but thanks for playing. :)

AT&T support is who you call for any type of move, add, or change on your plan. I have to make those frequently. I also have to make them on behalf of about 50 other mobile phone users.

Just because an MVNO works for you and your individual needs, you shouldn't assume they will for everyone else.

welcome to modern times, I can and do make such changes on this thing called a "web portal" it is where you can do this thing called "account management" it doesn't resort in needing to call a live person. It is amazing technology really.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can and do make such changes on this thing called a "web portal" it is where you can do this thing called "account management" it doesn't resort in needing to call a live person.

Sure. Do that for 50 different lines. I'll call AT&T support once. After I've had my soda, a quick nap, and listened to a CD or two, you can catch up with me. :D

Why is it so hard for you to just accept that your solution isn't everyone's solution? Is it your ego? Are you insecure and like to feel big on forums? I mean, really, dude... hidebound much?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I'm not buying that line....I've listened to support at work deal with the goons on ATT support. The time it takes them to read and read back again 10 SIM numbers they want to change I could be done online with 25+. Calling them is the -last- thing need to do, or even should have to do, for account management.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I truly don't care if you buy it or not.

I think that if your bloated ego won't allow you to accept that your worship of MVNOs isn't the "one true way" for everyone, I'm just going to let you impotently rage-gasm all over my ignore list for a while. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo