AT&T and Upgrade Dates.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm sitting here shaking my head reading through this thread. If it were me, I would jump ship to a different carrier. What AT&T does (and continues to do) can't possibly be legal. What crooks!

nicewabbit

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Went in to a store (the Microsoft AT&T store) and the rep told me to try to call in and see if I could get through to a manager. They have no authority in-store to allow any kind of override. He said "you could try the Next plan but I don't personally approve it, so I wouldn't recommend it" :)

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Okay this is a bit crazy but I still haven't gotten an answer from AT&T but I was playing on the Microsoft Store site and noticed my order (the one Microsoft said AT&T canceled, and AT&T confirm they canceled due to the whole changed my upgrade date thing) was back to in process. All my AT&T accounts still show the pushed back upgrade dates, but I chated with a Microsoft Rep online he said everything looks fine!

I don't know if this is just a bug, if will show canceled again one orders start shipping, or if the Microsoft Store playing good guy and filling my order dispite AT&T. (Their twitter handle has followed up with me three times wanting to know if AT&T had solved my problem)

Trying not to get my hopes up but fingers crossed!!!

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I wish you all good luck, Brandon. I gave up and just ordered a yellow 1520 yesterday at an at&t store. They wouldn't change anything either. Hopefully, I will be able to pick it up at the store on Friday after work. They said it should be there (their system was showing a cutoff time of 3 pm yesterday for Friday delivery), but I still can't see the order online today, says unable to locate. I checked my bank account and it's still showing as a pending transaction; the funds are on hold. I was never given an option for expedited delivery. The rep went into the stock room during the transaction, but would not confirm whether or not they currently had any inventory in stock or not. I asked a couple of times, but was never given a direct answer.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same place as nicewabbit. How can they just change the contract like that?! How can they just change the terms without voiding the contract?

There's the contract end date
And the upgrade eligibility date which apparently AT&T can change whenever they want since it's not guaranteed in your contract

A few months back AT&T changed upgrade eligibility to match the 2-year contract date. But even with the change, upgrade eligibility dates are still a mess.

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The difference you would pay if you just bought it outright and switched to Straight Talk would be paid back in 8 months. Stop giving these goons your money.
If we were talking about a single line yes, but I have a 5 line family plan and taking them all to straight talk would be more money.

frizodanizzo

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
That should be totally illegal.... they shouldn't be able to change your terms unless talking to you and you agreeing to those new terms.... i could of swore i had the same thing happen to me also, i had upgrades for the end of this year, not a single one would let me upgrade by Oct, like they said.... instead it says march 2014 now... Then AT&T con's me into doing this "Shared" plan, which increased owning any phone to 35 dollars a piece and any other equipment 35 dollars also, on top of the already expensive share plan. I just ended up cancelling it, was with em for years and had the most horrible few months dealing with them.

frizodanizzo

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
can totally understand Brandon_powell...... thats how everyone gets you. Straight talk is good for the couple who doesnt have a ton of money and can afford 2 phones for less than 100 a month. throw 5 people on there you're paying the same out to at&t already or less to them than you would Straight talk. I can only see their cheapo nothing unlimited plans fitting in there, but you lose all your data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett