AT&T's Next Plan

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
So is this a scam? I thought I was eligible for an upgrade but now I'm being told that I am only eligible for their Next plan. My full upgrade isn't available for another 51/2 months.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar issue. A few months back, at&t changed upgrade eligibility from 20 months to 24. My eligibility went from November to March, and now says April. It says I am eligible for Next, but even if I wanted to do that, the only option seems to be by adding a new line. No, thank you.

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Weird? I receive a corporate discount and as a result I get full upgrades every 18 month. I guess AT&T is changing their upgrade policies whenever they want.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Weird? I receive a corporate discount and as a result I get full upgrades every 18 month. I guess AT&T is changing their upgrade policies whenever they want.

I also receive a corporate discount, and have been a customer since 2000. Guess it doesn't matter.

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
AT&T did change the upgrade date of some customers! I was part of the Upgrade Advantage program and they decided to change the terms of that program from a 20m cycle to a 24m cycle. They say it has nothing to do with the NEXT program but their full of crap. I'm dealing with a customer service agent in the Escalation Department to see what she can do but as of right now they are standing firm that they have the right to change the contract terms whenever they want.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
AT&T did change the upgrade date of some customers! I was part of the Upgrade Advantage program and they decided to change the terms of that program from a 20m cycle to a 24m cycle. They say it has nothing to do with the NEXT program but their full of crap. I'm dealing with a customer service agent in the Escalation Department to see what she can do but as of right now they are standing firm that they have the right to change the contract terms whenever they want.

Be sure to post the final answer you receive! Too bad we don't have the same option to change the terms of our contract as well. ;)

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke to a co-worker who used to work with at&t, and she said that a manager has the ability to override eligibility if they want to. She said she did it quite often. Go figure...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234