Att shocked me today...They can't be all bad :P

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So many people here bash At&t a lot(as well as other forums I am apart of). I never really had issues with At*t and I've been with all 4 carriers and while T-mo/Sprint have lower price and Verizon has better coverage, I somehow seem to enjoy a more balanced experience with At&t and I never had the complaints people here have about customer service and coverage.

Anyway, my mother switched over to At&t to try and find a little bit lower plan than her plan with Verizon. Initially at&t seemed good with an employee discount yet it was still a bit much to her.
So she decided to return the phone this past Monday and we were going to go on over to T-mobile where she could get her plan for 60 dollars a month before taxes...

Anyway she returned the phone back to At&t and got her cash back and told them she wanted to cancel her line. And they did just that....Except one thing.

They did not cancel the line. She has since returned the phone but the line is still running and active.

Thank God, something told me to call in and ask about it(My mom had got a second line for my brother and i needed to ask a question about his phone).

Anyway, the guy over the phone saw the line was still active...and we now have to go back to the At&t store and cancel it there(Gas wasted).

However, he did not only offer a $40 credit off her bill today knocking her bill down to $80 and once we offiically cancel the line, she'll only have the one At&t line which is 70 dollars monthly and he offered a 12 month recurring credit of $10, bringing it $60 a month for her bill before taxes...Which is around the same amount T-mobile would've cost.

And she can even save more cash today without having to pay for the LG G2(it's 279 up front at t-mo with their plans) and if she trades her phone in with At&t she can off-set the price of the phone entirely.

It was entirely unexpected nor did I ask for a credit and the guy didn't have to offer the recurring credit since this was a Store Issue vs something over the phone.

Just wanted to share this little story. It is a shame that so many people seem to dislike At&t or whatever, but I have yet to see much of an issue with them yet in the time I've had with them and they are the only American company who seems to actively support Windows Phone and treat it somewhat equal to Android/IOS.

So At&t can't be ALL bad :p
(Even when they sort of Handicap a phone by removing half of the internal storage ;) )

Ruben Aceves

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm a T-Mobile customer and my company phone is AT&T, great service experience from both devices. Having said that I am glad your experience went well.

I think phone companies are now ramping up their service quality to retain client loyalty, as the phones themselves are so feature packed.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Over a year ago, I had a terrible experience with AT&T which I posted about here. It took much too long to solve the problem but I was lucky to find the perfect store manager that interceded and finally got the problem solved. I still am on Verizon but would not hesitate to go back to AT&T based on this one person's efforts.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Haha... If you ask me, AT&T only did that because they were scared of your mother moving onto T-Mobile. They really don't want to lose anymore customers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven