Verizon makes me sick!!!!!

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Went into Verizon to check out the windows products. There wasn't a single live windows phone there. 3 dummy phones: 928 and 2 822. The whole windows display has been replaced by Moto x. So I decide to check out the Lumia 2520 since I saw the paper. I went over there and its not even there. They put the ellipse in its place. I asked where it was and the guy went to the back to get it but couldn't find the charger to charge it. But he tried to sell me an android tablet. I left. Not one single working windows device.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I recently had a similar experience. I went into the authorized reseller store a mile from my house and they had androids under the Windows Phone sign, and not a single WP device in the store - nor any accessories (I wanted a screen protector for an 822). Later that day I went to a corporate store - one in which I've seen WP devices before. That store didn't have anything in the store to indicate that there was even such a thing as Windows Phone. The screen protectors were in stock, but they had to go in the back to find them.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Been the opposite experience in here. All the Verizon stores have multiple, working Windows Phone 8 devices, and occasionally they have a couple of colorful large posters promoting WP!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Retailers need to maximize revenue from every inch of shelf space. Does it make sense to use limited space for WP when Android outsells it 20 to 1? I know, it's a Catch-22, but it's not Verizon's responsibility to push sales for a certain platform. They don't necessarily care which OS they're selling; they push what moves and whatever gives them the most profit!

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Been the opposite experience in here. All the Verizon stores have multiple, working Windows Phone 8 devices, and occasionally they have a couple of colorful large posters promoting WP!

that's what upset me. This is a corporate store and they used to have working lumias. Now nothing

AdamHunterATC

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Not the case with me. Last I checked (a couple weeks ago), the Verizon store here had a Lumia 928, an HTC 8X, and a Samsung ATIV Odyssey on display. All live phones; no dummies. They also had the Lumia 2520 on a very prominent display, right in the middle of a couple Android tablets.

Heck, a friend of mine just bought an ATIV Odyssey a few weeks ago. Her Verizon store actually talked her into it. So it seems that WP is getting some attention here in the Charleston, SC area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs