Any advice from Canadians? Carrier and Contract questions

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I am currently on Rogers with my 3 year contract ending soon. I need to decide whether or not to get a new phone or keep using my current phone.

I tried to calculate the discount I would be getting by keeping the same phone for the next 2 year contract. http://www.rogers.com/web/content/bring-your-own-phone

It is just not clear whether I would be getting a full $20 discount or a 10% discount. If it is $20 per month discount, that is 20 x 24 = $480, which is quite impressive.

But if it is only 10% per month, then I would rather just get a new device since it would only be about $200 discount during the 24 moth period.

Does anyone have any experience with bringing your own phones? How much was the discount?

faceless_el

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I am currently on Rogers with my 3 year contract ending soon. I need to decide whether or not to get a new phone or keep using my current phone.

I tried to calculate the discount I would be getting by keeping the same phone for the next 2 year contract. http://www.rogers.com/web/content/bring-your-own-phone

It is just not clear whether I would be getting a full $20 discount or a 10% discount. If it is $20 per month discount, that is 20 x 24 = $480, which is quite impressive.

But if it is only 10% per month, then I would rather just get a new device since it would only be about $200 discount during the 24 moth period.

Does anyone have any experience with bringing your own phones? How much was the discount?

I'm with Fido but not tied to a contract. I recently changed my plan and did not sign up for their 24 tab and I got the 10% off "bring your own device" discount. I believe Rogers is the same as well (other carriers are also offering 10% off your monthly bill if you BYOD)
If you do not have plans on moving to a different carrier you can always sign up for a 2 year contract but make sure you get their "retentions" deal. Normally carriers will offer you a discount (more than 10% off) for signing up again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs