12-31-2013 03:05 AM
28 12
tools
    i don't think it could happen anyways because the DOJ and the FCC want 4 major carriers in the US
    The 4 carrier argument is actually not as big of a problem as you think. The only reason the initial merger wasn't passed for ATT & Tmo was the fact the DOJ concluded ATT was trying to monopolize with a close to 150M customer base of the merger went through, the amount of towers acquired, and the customer contracts merging with ATT would put them in a position to rule the mobile game. Sprint & Tmo combining would merge the low prices (both are low) and low customer based. That will put Sprint/Tmobile carrier right between Verizon and ATT in net worth and amount of customers. It makes alot more sense than the ATT+Tmobile.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-30-2013 07:35 PM
    The 4 carrier argument is actually not as big of a problem as you think. The only reason the initial merger wasn't passed for ATT & Tmo was the fact the DOJ concluded ATT was trying to monopolize with a close to 150M customer base of the merger went through, the amount of towers acquired, and the customer contracts merging with ATT would put them in a position to rule the mobile game. Sprint & Tmo combining would merge the low prices (both are low) and low customer based. That will put Sprint/Tmobile carrier right between Verizon and ATT in net worth and amount of customers. It makes alot more sense than the ATT+Tmobile.
    it makes sense but questions arise. would they increase prices to pay of the debt? would they switch off tmobile if and once it goes through or turn off sprint ? stuff like that but I for one and looking forward to see it happen if not im still sticking with T-Mobile
    12-30-2013 11:22 PM
    Well I'm a Tmobile customer and I know they're not going to shut off their investment, if the rumors are true they're gonna try to find a way to merge them, which is what I'm interested in. Also if they do by Tmobile, think about it, why would they shut it down and lose all those antennas and drop the reputation Tmobile just started building. Alot of questions and I hope it happens to see how it works out.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-31-2013 03:05 AM
28 12