Sprint preparing to bid for T-Mobile: Report

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Oh I know they have the money to MAKE it work, but paying for something that's difficult to work will hurt them, I'm looking for them to make a technological investment to see the outcome that will change the way us and future mobile carriers use the spectrum. Who knows, the guy from Softbank might have no interest in merging them and might just build upon both them to make money from 1/3 the carrier game in the US.
that's a possibility. a possibility that most T-Mobile subs people might like

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I really still don't see this happening. But if by some chance it does, I'll be looking for a new carrier. I would say Simple Mobile, but that one runs on T-Mobile and could be affected if this thing ends up going through. Still, I don't see the DOJ or FCC approving it.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
well I might have a different op but I kinda see it as a good thing because well for one better coverage and also I know sprint has more spectrum than the other 3 carriers. sure its higher frequncey but still has more spectrum :) . but also how do we know that they will shut down tmobile and merge it with sprint? they could do the other way around shut down sprint and keep T-Mobile

A "good thing?" A friend of mine has Sprint and hates it. He has good reason, too - he gets basically no service in his house! Sprint needs to stay far away from T-Mobile. T-Mobile's been doing quite well ever since the UNcarrier thing anyway.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
A "good thing?" A friend of mine has Sprint and hates it. He has good reason, too - he gets basically no service in his house! Sprint needs to stay far away from T-Mobile. T-Mobile's been doing quite well ever since the UNcarrier thing anyway.
well in my experience my father has sprint and when im looking at his phone he has 3g everywhere he goes. while on T-Mobile i only get 2g most of the time UNLESS i travel 20 min north, east,south and west. and i live next to a major high way in Cali.. i like T-Mobile because it has coverage to the places i go to, but sprint has coverage where i live and almost to the places i go to. im just stating the superficial benefits if it were to happen. im not saying it will happen but good things could come out of it :smile:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I really still don't see this happening. But if by some chance it does, I'll be looking for a new carrier. I would say Simple Mobile, but that one runs on T-Mobile and could be affected if this thing ends up going through. Still, I don't see the DOJ or FCC approving it.

i don't think it could happen anyways because the DOJ and the FCC want 4 major carriers in the US

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
i don't think it could happen anyways because the DOJ and the FCC want 4 major carriers in the US
The 4 carrier argument is actually not as big of a problem as you think. The only reason the initial merger wasn't passed for ATT & Tmo was the fact the DOJ concluded ATT was trying to monopolize with a close to 150M customer base of the merger went through, the amount of towers acquired, and the customer contracts merging with ATT would put them in a position to rule the mobile game. Sprint & Tmo combining would merge the low prices (both are low) and low customer based. That will put Sprint/Tmobile carrier right between Verizon and ATT in net worth and amount of customers. It makes alot more sense than the ATT+Tmobile.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
The 4 carrier argument is actually not as big of a problem as you think. The only reason the initial merger wasn't passed for ATT & Tmo was the fact the DOJ concluded ATT was trying to monopolize with a close to 150M customer base of the merger went through, the amount of towers acquired, and the customer contracts merging with ATT would put them in a position to rule the mobile game. Sprint & Tmo combining would merge the low prices (both are low) and low customer based. That will put Sprint/Tmobile carrier right between Verizon and ATT in net worth and amount of customers. It makes alot more sense than the ATT+Tmobile.

it makes sense but questions arise. would they increase prices to pay of the debt? would they switch off tmobile if and once it goes through or turn off sprint ? stuff like that but I for one and looking forward to see it happen if not im still sticking with T-Mobile

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm a Tmobile customer and I know they're not going to shut off their investment, if the rumors are true they're gonna try to find a way to merge them, which is what I'm interested in. Also if they do by Tmobile, think about it, why would they shut it down and lose all those antennas and drop the reputation Tmobile just started building. Alot of questions and I hope it happens to see how it works out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12