switched from verizon to metro pcs and now i can't send text messages.

Jeannie Michaud

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi , switched about a week and half ago to metro from Verizon. I can make calls and receive text. but i can not send text. I do not know what is going on. Metro can't figure it out either. they have a trouble shoot ticket on my phone right now. I do not have the 3rd update yet. One of the people at the store said it could be a problem with nokia waiting on the update. I never had any issues till now. It is odd I noticed on the status bar when it goes from 3G to E or H i can text but then right back to not texting when back on 3G. I am pretty computer and phone literate but this has stumped me.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Download Nokia's Access Point app (use SysApp Pusher), then look at this post as well as the post that I linked to by JKing106. Substitute MetroPCS settings for the given Straight Talk settings. Hopefully that'll help you.

aprabi

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Go to Apps then settings then click on "more" and then click on "Mobile Networks" and then click on "System Select" and change the setting from "Global" or whatever it is on to: "LTE/GSM/UMTS. Then reboot your phone and you can send texts :) :) :)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Simply changing your internet APN in SIM settings won't get you picture messaging. You must be able to add an MMS APN. For standard text messaging, you don't have to do anything with your settings as this is GSM. Experience has taught me that whenever you use a VZW device on GSM, you need to make a phone call before any features will work. Remember that Verizon only uses LTE for data while voice & text are still done through CDMA. Registering your number on the GSM network is required (make the call, even if it's to voicemail).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2