Has anyone added a line for AT&T through Amazon before?

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone...I want to add a 3rd line to my family share plan, and since Amazon has the 1520 for $50 for a 2 year contract, I was thinking of doing that through them.

Ideally I'd rather AT&T match the price, but that seems unlikely.

Has anyone with AT&T added a line to a share plan through Amazon before? Positive or negative experience? Anything I should be aware of going through Amazon, like additional contract, fees, etc? I don't want to screw anything up on my account.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have. Better than what I expected. But like anything, have your ducks in a row when you go in.
Thanks for your input, Jazmac! I went ahead and ordered it. And I ported a number over too, so hopefully everything with the transfer, activation and the phone will go smoothly and be problem and trouble free!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your input, Jazmac! I went ahead and ordered it. And I ported a number over too, so hopefully everything with the transfer, activation and the phone will go smoothly and be problem and trouble free!

Did you have to port the number using Amazon's website?

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you have to port the number using Amazon's website?
Same here. It was mostly a smooth port. Just had 2 issues: 1) I couldn't receive some text messages after placing the order, but before receiving the new phone. But I was able to make/receive calls, and send text; 2) I activated the phone around 5pm and didn't receive a text from ATT that the port was completed. So I had to call ATT the next morning, and 10 minutes later everything was working fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs