How would you rate your carrier?

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Agree.. I stick with ATT because they are more reliable in my area, but the fact that there still is no talk of LTE in my area, and it makes Verizon look more and more interesting.

I wouldn't, lte drains battery bad so I don't like it :p, besides Verizon lte is only a few mbps faster then AT&T HSPA+ since of CDMA tech

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had the following three Carriers and here is how I would rate them:

Verizon Wireless - 1 out of 10: Terrible Customer Service and Expensive.
Length of time with them: Total of about 9 Years
I always dreaded going into the Verizon store anytime I had a problem and was happy the day I paid off my final bill with them.
Positive: Their cellular network from all of my experiences is the best.

AT&T - 4 out of 10: Poor experience with Customer Serivce (on multiple occasions), I had many dropped calls, also very Expensive.
Length of time with them: A little over a year
Positive: They have an excellent selection of phones.

T-Mobile - 8 out of 10: In my opinion T-Mobile is the best out of all three. Excellent customer service and less expensive, and with the direction that they are currently taking in making drastic changes that needed to be made to the industry I feel that they are the best. A negative would be their network, still not as good as AT&T and Verizon.
Length of time with them: Total of about 4 Years

I can honestly say that so far over my lifetime and various other bad customer service experiences; Verizon takes the cake for the worst customer service. I do not care how good their cell service is I will never go back.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have had the following three Carriers and here is how I would rate them:

Verizon Wireless - 1 out of 10: Terrible Customer Service and Expensive.
Length of time with them: Total of about 9 Years
I always dreaded going into the Verizon store anytime I had a problem and was happy the day I paid off my final bill with them.
Positive: Their cellular network from all of my experiences is the best.

AT&T - 4 out of 10: Poor experience with Customer Serivce (on multiple occasions), I had many dropped calls, also very Expensive.
Length of time with them: A little over a year
Positive: They have an excellent selection of phones.

T-Mobile - 8 out of 10: In my opinion T-Mobile is the best out of all three. Excellent customer service and less expensive, and with the direction that they are currently taking in making drastic changes that needed to be made to the industry I feel that they are the best. A negative would be their network, still not as good as AT&T and Verizon.
Length of time with them: Total of about 4 Years

I can honestly say that so far over my lifetime and various other bad customer service experiences; Verizon takes the cake for the worst customer service. I do not care how good their cell service is I will never go back.

Maybe you can answer this...I've Always wondered: why do people go to sales people expecting good customer service, rather than calling Customer Service? I'm not surprised that you had a bad experience with VZW if that's where you went for support. I hear all the time how people hate going into the Verizon stores but Customer Service/Technical Support is the best experience they've had across multiple carriers. T Mobile and Alltel are the only ones that have ever done better and they trade back and forth on the regular until recently with Verizon getting top honors 3 quarters in a row.

In any case, don't go to sales people to fix your issues. They typically don't know how or care to help. If you want world class, call the people that don't get commission and actually want to help you.

Edit: On topic, I'd rate Verizon 9 out of 10. It's been ages since I've had AT&T and Sprint so I can't fairly rate them at this point as they are likely completely different companies by now.

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has different experiences and opinions and those were mine. As you can see by my post I also posted positives about each carrier, not everything is bad. Up until I actually had problems with Verizon and their customer service I would have rated them high and probably would have still been with them.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Everyone has different experiences and opinions and those were mine. As you can see by my post I also posted positives about each carrier, not everything is bad. Up until I actually had problems with Verizon and their customer service I would have rated them high and probably would have still been with them.

Thanks for the reply!. I guess I understand that everyone has their own opinion on the matter and I wasn't questioning that portion of your comment. I was just hoping to find out from someone that goes to the store to fix a problem, why that is seen as an option?

You mentioned dreading going into the store each time you had a problem. I liken that to taking my car to the salesman for repair, when I should go to service/my mechanic. The cell phone sales people have never given me good customer service unless I was buying something.

It was an honest query... Why go to the store? Again, I'm not condemning your opinion, just wondering why that might even be an option to some.
No need to respond though, I don't want to derail the thread, just wanted to explain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999