Tmo experience

liveforten

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
So I went in to Tmo today to get more info about switching with etf reimbursement, etc. Everything was going great..i can trade my phone, get a simple choice plan for me and my wife (who was already with them) and life will be good. Only one weird problem, the salesperson balked when I mentioned we both wanted to be on the 500mb data plan. She hesitated and said she might have to check with her manager.

I find that strange, because its obviously a tier that is offered. So I'm hoping it was just an attempt at an up sell. I wasn't ready to pull the trigger yet, but not looking forward to any battles when I go back.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else? I'm pretty sure the store was an authorized reseller, so i wonder if I'll have better luck with a company store...

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why they would give you a hassle just for requesting the 500MB data plan. That's a free amount that goes with the individual or family Simple Choice Plan, so I don't get that. Definitely do what Palandri said and visit a company store because that just doesn't sound right to give you the runaround about 500MB of data.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Go to a T-Mobile store and not an authorized dealer. I am going to switch also from Verzion. I would love more for less option. Like $40 cheaper

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
AT&T gave me a similar attitude when I took the 200MB over the 2GB. The salesman was borderline insulting saying "why get a smartphone if you're not going to use it." I should have walked but I knew it bothered him more to sell such a minimal plan.

It's all about the upsell.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yep, all about the up sell. Trust me some one else had a issue switching and getting the 500mb, but it is doable.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
AT&T gave me a similar attitude when I took the 200MB over the 2GB. The salesman was borderline insulting saying "why get a smartphone if you're not going to use it." I should have walked but I knew it bothered him more to sell such a minimal plan.

It's all about the upsell.

Tell him, "I am using it. Its called Wifi, jack a$$".

liveforten

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, I made the switch..now rocking the Lumia 925 on t mobile. Really awesome phone and has everything I need in a handset. The savings monthly for us will be significant. Had to go to 2 stores because the first one didn't have any 925's in stock. I'm guessing its not because they sold out, because both sales reps looked at me funny when I said I wanted the Lumia.

Doesn't matter though, because windows phone is the best, at least imo 😊

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
When I was looking at getting my 920, the sales people looked at me like I was trying to buy second hand food. Most did not know anything about it. The most knowledgeable chap met, and very helpful, knew nothing about the 920. He asked why I wanted it, I explained it was the camera. He said "it doesn't really matter now, most phones are about the same, most have an 8mp camera". Bless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720