Is VZW *EVER* going to get a new Windows phone?

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I love my 928, but I also love new toys. Nokia has come out with several nice phones I'd like to get but I'd have to change carriers to use them. I suppose that with Microsofts acquisition of Nokias phone operations they will spend some time integrating the two, so no more new phones for a little while. Meantime, WPC is rehashing old news and scratching for something of substance to write about. I'd love a WP8 phablet (ugh, I hate that word) but VZW isn't getting one that I can see.

Any ideas, rumors, wild speculation? Or are Windows phones going to end up as boring as iPhones?

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine that Verizon will get another Windows Phone. As for time frame, my prediction (though I wish I were wrong) is that it will be some time within the first 500 years after Jesus returns.

Yes, I'm stuck with Verizon, too.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine that Verizon will get another Windows Phone. As for time frame, my prediction (though I wish I were wrong) is that it will be some time within the first 500 years after Jesus returns.

So you think that WP will survive the rapture?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So you think that WP will survive the rapture?

Well, I'm a post-trib believer, and believe that we're already in the tribulation, so that's going to shape my prediction, but yeah, I think it will survive. Armageddon will have a nuclear element to it, otherwise there's no real way to kill off more than two billion people (the third part of man), and if any phone is going to survive, it's going to be a Lumia. No way will there be iPhones or Galaxies in the post-Armageddon world.

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Everyone faulted MS and Nokia for announcing phones and not releasing them for 3-6 months. Now they wait and people complain that they aren't doing anything. I prefer the iPhone schedule of one high end release per year, the only problem I have is that by the time the 928 and now the icon are released they are no longer high end.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm a post-trib believer, and believe that we're already in the tribulation, so that's going to shape my prediction, but yeah, I think it will survive. Armageddon will have a nuclear element to it, otherwise there's no real way to kill off more than two billion people (the third part of man), and if any phone is going to survive, it's going to be a Lumia. No way will there be iPhones or Galaxies in the post-Armageddon world.

I never thought I could get into eschatology with a fellow WPCentral member! If anything survives it will be the 920!

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Everyone faulted MS and Nokia for announcing phones and not releasing them for 3-6 months. Now they wait and people complain that they aren't doing anything. I prefer the iPhone schedule of one high end release per year, the only problem I have is that by the time the 928 and now the icon are released they are no longer high end.

That was a point I was going to make too. No doubt the 929 will be a fine phone. But it's definitely going to look a little.... late. And yeah it will be fine. WP8 seems to run well on even fairly limited hardware, and right now the hardware is looking OK. But still by the time it IS released, it's going to be time for a new generation to be turned loose in Android-land. I think Apple can get away with that because, well, they're Apple. But on a Windows phone? They need all the market advantage they can get. Still, I'm hoping the 929 when it finally actually hits the shelves (announcement dates don't impress - you can't buy from an announcement) that it sells well and is not stupidly expensive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte