AT&T looking good..

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
And that plan starts at $130. You can get unlimited everything on Aio, with 7GB of LTE (throttled after 7GB) for $70, including taxes.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
And that plan starts at $130. You can get unlimited everything on Aio, with 7GB of LTE (throttled after 7GB) for $70, including taxes.

but if you have 3 or 4 lines how do the prices compare? On this it's less than $50 a person. Does Aio have multi line plans? I don't know, just asking...

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
If you switch, prepare for the worst mobile phone company service ever. AT&T is SHlT. I couldn't tell you how many times I've called for problems on their end. How many times, they've sent out free accessories and took money off the bill for their incompetence. The only reason I'm there is because of the 1020.

Clarification: Worst customer service ever. The network itself isn't bad. I get plenty of 4G signal all the time.

Last edited:

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
If you switch, prepare for the worst mobile phone company service ever. AT&T is SHlT. I couldn't tell you how many times I've called for problems on their end. How many times, they've sent out free accessories and took money off the bill for their incompetence. The only reason I'm there is because of the 1020.

There should be a mandatory declaration at the end of every comment like this similar to what they use at the bottom of commercials "**Results not typical. Your experience may vary"

I have had nothing but exceptional service and a fantastic network experience with AT&T and have been with them for nearly 20 years, minus the couple of times I tried Sprint (work related, horrible network) and Verizon (tried to be cheap, dropped calls, horrible customer service). I get that everyone has bad experiences from time to time with their car, phone, landlord, carrier, cable, satellite, etc but don't lump all experiences into your own.

With that being said, my comments about Sprint and Verizon were my own...Results not typical, your experience may vary...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Had very good CS when I was with att too, the few problems I had were dealt with quickly and efficiently. Only problem I had was price and aio solves that.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
My ATT customer service experiences have been very good. My family has 6 lines with them and i hope to save a few bucks. Great speed and connectivity in my area. I had a couple of lines with sprint about a year ago, horrible phone network but very good customer service. YMMV

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@jonathanrn, I would venture to guess that you need to call them. They will definitely keep you paying more if you don't inquire. They are a business after all.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
but if you have 3 or 4 lines how do the prices compare? On this it's less than $50 a person. Does Aio have multi line plans? I don't know, just asking...

Aio, like all other pre-paid services, does not offer multi-line plans. However, they do offer a choice of how much LTE you get: 250MB, 2GB or 7GB for $40, $55 and $70, respectively. So while the savings on AT&T may increase as you add more lines, your bucket of available data per person is going to decrease. With two people, that's 5GB each. With three, it's 3.3GB. With four, it's 2.5GB. And so on. If you had three people, and you wanted them all to have access to 5GB, you'd need a 15GB plan, etc.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Well I have done the math myself since I'm with at&t and this does indeed benefit my family. I'm already in like a perpetual lifetime contract with at&t based off getting the subsidized phones every 2 years. I know I could have brought my phones off contract but like I ask a lot of people that say that what is the use of doing if you are paying the same price. I get the answer of prepaid thrown out a lot but that doesn't work when you have 2+ more lines or like how most people on family plans average 3+ lines. Prepaid does not offer what's needed for a lot of lines and gets expensive.

Expounding on the off contract purchase is what is the value in paying full cost when your plan is the same on or off contract. That just doesn't add up in my math. I won't change providers because at&t suits me fine. T-Mobile has no service were I am and also is a pain when traveling(I know this because I once was a customer) anywhere rural or out of a major city or highway. Sprint is better but their phone selection sucks, little resale value, data speeds just slow and network vision is rolling along very slowly. Verizon is expensive and absurd for the prices(if you thought at&t was expensive wowwwwwwww).

I may lose the ability to upgrade every 2 years subsidized and forced to by phone outright or use at&t next plan, but my cost go down dramatically. Your mileage may vary but for someone like me with 5+ lines and a good FAN discount it is a good deal for me. This is also good for me as most of my lines stay using the same phone for a while since only me and my wife are technonerds.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I just changed my plan and it saved me $65 per month and it didn't change any of my upgrade eligibilities. Saving $65 per month is something I can get behind. That's $780 per year if you're doing the math. A big shout out to T-Mobile for starting this feud. You just saved me a bundle!

FYI that's 4 lines...$100 for the plan and $15 per phone x4 phones = $160 per month, unlimited phone and text, 10gb per month family plan

aseferian

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I got the same thing as you, Trips ($160, 4 phones, 10GB). Great deal. But it does change your upgrade options in that there is no longer a free/deeply discounted phone in exchange for a 2 year commitment option. From now on you bring your own phone to the party or buy it from AT&T and pay for it over 12 - 18 months.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I considered switching to Sprint to save a bunch of money, but this kept me with AT&T. I get another 5GB/month for $25 less for two lines. When my wife-to-be joins the plan later in the year, it will be even better.

Thank you, Sprint, for lighting a fire under their AS&S. Without the Framily Plan, AT&T would have had no reason to do this.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the same thing as you, Trips ($160, 4 phones, 10GB). Great deal. But it does change your upgrade options in that there is no longer a free/deeply discounted phone in exchange for a 2 year commitment option. From now on you bring your own phone to the party or buy it from AT&T and pay for it over 12 - 18 months.

I confirmed with my rep 3 times that my phones are still upgrade eligible WITHOUT using their NEXT plan. I have it in writing and will hold them to it. We'll see when I go to get my 1520 later this month.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I confirmed with my rep 3 times that my phones are still upgrade eligible WITHOUT using their NEXT plan. I have it in writing and will hold them to it. We'll see when I go to get my 1520 later this month.

I thought this deal was BYOD. That's why there's a discount of $25/device. The only difference in price between this deal and the normal contract Family Share plan is that the phone is only $15/device rather than $40/device. But you have to either bring your own compatible device, buy it with Next, or buy it full price from AT&T. I guess I'll have to inspect it more closely!

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded two phones from 8gb to 10gb and saved $25/mo through telephone customer service. Data bucket increased from $90 to $100/mo. ATT Next phone decreased from $25 to $15/mo. On-contract L920 decreased from $40 to $15/mo. Pretty sweet deal IMO. Now I just have to decide whether to pocket the savings or use it to upgrade to the 1520. The rep even said it went through as a backdated change to Jan. 13--if so, I should get a credit on my upcoming bill. Thus I can confirm that existing on-contract phones will be reduced to $15 even though I don't see that in the fine print anywhere.

As an aside, for those who have taken advantage of the early upgrade to ATT Next, do they let you keep your existing phone? The rep thought that was the case, which means if I upgrade I will have paid for my L920 in only 15 months.

WinU

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Sounds awesome. Been thinking about leaving AT&T or thought about switching to their go phone plan but this is looking good and much better than what I have. However my only question is. What does the final bill cost? Say $100 for the plan, 2 smart phones no contract $15 a piece $130. Is that going to run me $160-$170 though? Right now my plan runs me $105 but there is $30 on top of that in Surcharges, Gov't Fee's and Taxes making it $135ish. Most pre paid, go phones, mvno's don't have extra fee's. If someone doesn't mind giving me a total bill cost that would be great. This may vary from City to City.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6