T-Mobile Pay-Per-Day

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

I'm a Canadian who regularly travels to the US on business. As such trips have become more frequent as of late, I've been looking at the possibility of picking up an American SIM so that I could have some form of mobile service (especially data) whilst in the States. After reading up on the different Pay-As-You-Go plans, it seems like T-Mobile's Pay-Per-Day plan is the best fit for my needs. I'm hoping that someone else might have experience with that service and might be able to help me out with a concern that I have.

My concern is that I might need a US billing address in order to use the service (their website is mum on the issue). I have a US-issued Visa Debit card, but its billing address is my home address in Canada. I could buy a prepaid credit card whilst in the States, but I don't know how that works viz. billing addresses. Does anyone have any experience with this plan?

I'd like to get this plan because it is on a per-day basis. I spend about a month in the States per year, but only in spurts of 4-8 days and rarely in the same month. Even on my longest trip the pay-per-day plan is cheaper and has a greater value than what my carrier is offering.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

T-Mobile's Pay-As-You-Go plans:http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plan
My carrier's travel add-ons (for the laugh): http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=AppsAddons&category=12

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend calling T-Mobile to ask them about the Canadian billing address. They could probably answer that question very easily.

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend calling T-Mobile to ask them about the Canadian billing address. They could probably answer that question very easily.

This is true, and I likely will call at some point, but I thought I'd ask here in case people have had negative experiences with the plan (or T-Mobile in general) that could dissuade me from looking into the subject further. T-Mobile's support probably wouldn't mention those kinds of things. :p

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Haha. Very true. I don't really have any experience with T-Mobile. I have only used Verizon, Sprint, and Straight Talk. Straight Talk is $45 per month pre-paid cards so that may also be an option depending on how many days you will be in the US.

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Haha. Very true. I don't really have any experience with T-Mobile. I have only used Verizon, Sprint, and Straight Talk. Straight Talk is $45 per month pre-paid cards so that may also be an option depending on how many days you will be in the US.

I looked in to Straight Talk, but as I said I'm in the US in spurts of 4-8 days (conferences), so a monthly plan, even if prepaid, wouldn't really work. My next trips are 5 days in March and 4 days in May. The T-Mobile per-day plan would be significantly cheaper than the $45 Straight Talk route. Thanks for the info, though!

Mike_J

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use T-Mobile each time I fly into USA from Australia - just show passport and get a sim. You just log onto T-Mobile web site and set up your account and manage it from there. From memory I might have had issues with loading credits using an Australian credit card but solved using a prepaid travel credit card. Lots of US web sites will ask for your home address - I just use the hotel address - when flying Southwest they wanted an address for some extra I was paying for so I used their corporate headquarters address and it accepted that.

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I use T-Mobile each time I fly into USA from Australia - just show passport and get a sim. You just log onto T-Mobile web site and set up your account and manage it from there. From memory I might have had issues with loading credits using an Australian credit card but solved using a prepaid travel credit card. Lots of US web sites will ask for your home address - I just use the hotel address - when flying Southwest they wanted an address for some extra I was paying for so I used their corporate headquarters address and it accepted that.

Thank you so much; that's exactly the information I was looking for.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234