AT&T Locker trick... Don't fall for it!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So AT&T Mobile snuck one in on us recently with their update to the AT&T Locker app. I saw the update a few days ago, along with a few others; downloaded and installed them and thought nothing of it.

Today I realized that is exactly what AT&T hopes everyone else does as well.. as one wouldn't notice unless he actually went into the app and settings, under the 'easy upload settings' and saw that his previous selection of *WIFI only* uploads had been changed back to *WIFI or wireless* with the update to the app...

Kinda dirty, if you ask me...

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's not exactly uncommon for software updates to revert settings to default. That said, I left ATT a while ago and haven't looked back.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It's not exactly uncommon for software updates to revert settings to default. That said, I left ATT a while ago and haven't looked back.
If a software update is going to change settings that could potentially cost a user overage charges on their phone bill, they should notify you in some way. Otherwise, its a dirty business practice...
That said, there was another update for the AT&T Locker app this morning that didn't change those settings..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs