AT&T cuts its 2gb Mobile Share Value Plan

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I waited and waited for something like this, but then finally convinced a couple of people to go in on a 10GB plan, and now for the 3 of us it's $48 bucks plus taxes and fees. Not bad at all. Still trying to get a few more since we'll never use all that! ATT really knows how to play with T-Mobile, and it's great for all of us.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not, I'm actually on the 300MB plan. And yes, I still use my phone like any other human, answering emails, watching videos and browsing the web. I'm just surrounded by WiFi hotspots like crazy. After 15 days I've only used 24MBs and that's between two phones!

I used to be on the 1GB plan but dropped because I was barely hitting 100MB a month. And on the months when I needed an extra 300MB I could just go over. In fact, I could go over twice a month and on average I would still pay less per year. After all, I've only purposely gone over my limit like three times within the past year.

In some ways I still don't need the 2GB plan, however, I feel like I'm getting screwed if I purposely go over my limit now. 600MB vs 1GB was a negligible 400MB difference. I wasn't using it anyway. But 600MB vs 2GB is a pretty noticeable 1.4GB difference. That's a significant chunk of data that I'm losing out on. Even going over twice still leaves me 1.1GBs short. It seems like the logical thing to do is just sign up for the 2GB plan and not worry about it.

I would get a lot more data for only $20 more. Plus that's still $39 bucks cheaper than what I was paying for AT&T around this time last year. >.<

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
In February, I just switched to the 10 gb mobile share plan due to the favorable pricing even though our two phones use less than 2gb per month. I figured I'd start listening to more streaming audio and tether my Surface Pro more often for increased security. However, for $40 less per month it makes sense to downgrade to the 2 gb plan and pay for any overage up to 4 gb. However, the ATT online site says I'm not eligible. I will call customer service and clarify because I don't know of any reason why I shouldn't be able to change plans.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
In February, I just switched to the 10 gb mobile share plan due to the favorable pricing even though our two phones use less than 2gb per month. I figured I'd start listening to more streaming audio and tether my Surface Pro more often for increased security. However, for $40 less per month it makes sense to downgrade to the 2 gb plan and pay for any overage up to 4 gb. However, the ATT online site says I'm not eligible. I will call customer service and clarify because I don't know of any reason why I shouldn't be able to change plans.

That's strange. The offer should pretty much be available to any customer. Perhaps there is some weird block because you just recently changed plans and it won't let you change again until the next billing cycle.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
With my 23% corp discount, because of the difference in the prices for each smartphone, the difference between my current 10gb shared plan and the new pricing on the 4gb plan is only $7 a month. We have 4 phones. With 5 phones, the 10gb plan would actually be cheaper. If down the road I decide upgrade my phone on contract, then the 4gb plan would be cheaper because the difference between a no contract and contract phone is a lot smaller on the plans below 10gb. It is nice that I will have that option. We will never need 100gb. I just switched to save money over my previous plans..

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was something between 300MB and 2GB. I think I can make 300GB work, and like was said I could still go over a few times a year if necessary (like when travelling and not around wifi like normal), and still save money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos