AIO - Cricket

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about joining AIO and ditching T-Mobile even tho I just switched from ATT to Tmo ha.. Just to be clear, any ATT phone works, and ill get the same LTE speeds as ATT? Is there a catch?

Almost any AT&T phone works. They have an IMEI checker on their website. And the ATT iPhone may have some additional steps to make work than just swapping the sims, depending on how it was set up.

there are a few catches. LTE speeds are capped at 8mbps per TOS, though I get 10-12 most of the time.
There is no visual voicemail support for Windows Phones on AIO.
Officially they don't allow tethering, though they do nothing to block it. Tethering works fine in practice.
They don't support DataSense, just like AT&T doesn't.

If you can live with that the actual coverage, service, and prices are great.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had experience using a T-Mobile 925 on aio? Their website says it SHOULD work. That wasn't the most reassuring answer ever. I'm intrigue by how much cheaper they are

It would have to be unlocked first. And some of the bands aren't the same as the ATT version so your coverage and/or speed might be impacted.

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It would have to be unlocked first. And some of the bands aren't the same as the ATT version so your coverage and/or speed might be impacted.

It will be unlocked soon, wish I had a AIO store that I could go in and try out one of their sims. I put my T-mobile sim in a 928 once to check it out and got everything to work.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I switched from Verizon to T-mobile to save some $$ (and I used their promotion to pay my ETF), but the coverage was terrible. I switched to AIO (now Cricket) and couldn't be happier, even cheaper than T-mobile and great speeds, and I can use any AT&T phone (which I see as a bonus being that they usually get the best windows phones).

Also I like the name Cricket better. I could never tell if it was Aio (ay oh), or A I O (a eye oh), now no more guessing.

Glenn Roe

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
And they cap non LTE at 4mbps but what is worse, with AIO if you used your monthly data limit you were reduced to 256k but with Cricket you are limited to "no more than 128k" which is kind of unusable.:crying:

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
And they cap non LTE at 4mbps but what is worse, with AIO if you used your monthly data limit you were reduced to 256k but with Cricket you are limited to "no more than 128k" which is kind of unusable.:crying:

aio actually changed to 128k a month ago. I read it on their old web site.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Can you use a cricket phone, say a 635 on At&t with an AT&t post paid SIM card?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Can you use a cricket phone, say a 635 on At&t with an AT&t post paid SIM card?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure it does not work that way. I tried it a while back. cricket(aio) phones need to be unlocked. but Att phone work with cricket sims.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Just convinced a friend to get the 630 on Cricket. Let's see if he goes for it. He already has a 521 on TMO for his significant other.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it does not work that way. I tried it a while back. cricket phones need to be unlocked. but Att phone work with cricket sims.

Was that before AT&T bought them? Previously they were a CDMA carrier, so it wouldn't have worked then. Did AT&T switch them to GSM? If so I'm wondering if a Cricket phone would work on AT&T's own network.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Was that before AT&T bought them? Previously they were a CDMA carrier, so it wouldn't have worked then. Did AT&T switch them to GSM? If so I'm wondering if a Cricket phone would work on AT&T's own network.

I tried in October when it was still AIO wireless. I was an att customer for 8 years before I switched to aio so I tested the aio phones with my families att sims. it did not work.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I tried in October when it was still AIO wireless. I was an att customer for 8 years before I switched to aio so I tested the aio phones with my families att sims. it did not work.

Thanks. I was thinking of getting a 635 as a back up. But I guess ill have to hold off a bit.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
cricket only offers the single sim 630 right now. att and tmobile have the 635.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte