My euro 1020 has no signal in NYC

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
NYC still has 2G GSM available through AT&T and T-Mobile. It's possible your O2 sim card is roaming on T-Mobile's network which is not very good in NYC especially inside buildings. I had T-Mobile for a year and couldn't wait to switch back to AT&T. If you are able to manually select networks, try selecting AT&T and see if it gets better. If not, then maybe O2 has a roaming agreement with T-Mobile and you would be stuck using T-Mobile's network.

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
NYC still has 2G GSM available through AT&T and T-Mobile. It's possible your O2 sim card is roaming on T-Mobile's network which is not very good in NYC especially inside buildings. I had T-Mobile for a year and couldn't wait to switch back to AT&T. If you are able to manually select networks, try selecting AT&T and see if it gets better. If not, then maybe O2 has a roaming agreement with T-Mobile and you would be stuck using T-Mobile's network.
Also this might help, I had a previous international phone that had a different frequency in the signal so it would fit that other country the best. It could be the problem since the American frequency for GSM is different than the Euro one. The few bars you are getting might be because t mobile has some of the international type frequency towers that work for your phone. They are currently building up this network. ( I'm not an expert, but this is from my experience )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb