Why doesn't Verizon Show off its Windows Phones?

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So, I went to a Verizon Wireless Store today. I wanted to go check out the ATIV SE. They had a tent sign by the front door with a picture of the phone on it. To my surprise however, there was NO SIGN of ANY Windows Phones anywhere at the store. They had a HUGE section for the latest and greatest ANDROIDS to my right. To my left they had more Androids, followed by iPhones, followed by iPads, followed by Android Tablets. And lastly they had Flip Phones. Yes, Flip Phones had a section but no section anywhere for ANY Windows Phones. Just wondering why that is. Actually, there was even a BB Z10, but NO LOVE FOR WP at all. Why, why??? How is WP suppose to grow if it's NOT shown off to the general public?:unhappy:

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The downtown Minneapolis store has two Lumia models on a display deep in the store, facing away from the front, labeled with an Android banner sign. Or, maybe it said Motorola? Either way, it didn't say Windows Phone.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This is how my local att and best buy stores are...

Yeah, and it doesn't make sense to me. I mean c'mon, you're showing off Flip Phones, you know, so last generation stuff. But you can't show ONE, just the latest WP at least. No Understand Why...Who's to blame? Is it MS or The Carriers? Or Both?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
We discussed here Verizon stores and reps million times. Reps don't recommend WP, iPhone and Android that's what they care about only.. period

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
We went in on saturday because my wife wanted to see the 928 and Icon before she chose one. They asked if they could help, and I asked to see them. He said we haven't carried Windows phones in months because they aren't popular. We turned around and walke out.

AT&T has them grouped together and displayed in the front of the store, and that wasn't just one store that is every AT&T store I have seen around here.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
We went in on saturday because my wife wanted to see the 928 and Icon before she chose one. They asked if they could help, and I asked to see them. He said we haven't carried Windows phones in months because they aren't popular. We turned around and walke out.

AT&T has them grouped together and displayed in the front of the store, and that wasn't just one store that is every AT&T store I have seen around here.

Yeah, when I went for the release of Lumia 920 they were wearing those MS Shirts too, I 'member. I've been to T-Mobile stores here too and they had some. Don't know if I should be surprised since they had Mid-Range WP when I went, no High End Ones(none had released for them at the time). Verizon, apparently has all the High ends ones, but No Love. Wonder if they do that depending on Location.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That's sad. In my area in NY, I've seen Windows Phones displayed pretty nicely at T-Mobile and AT&T stores. I'm not really sure about Verizon stores, although I remember seeing the 822 and 928 at Verizon kiosks at certain stores.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Went to another two Verizon stores and still no Windows Phones on display. Showed them 8.1 on my 822 and they seemed impressed, but just walked out and went elsewhere. Wife ordered an Icon online, but I think I am going to stay away from Verizon. She can only get coverage with Verizon at work (no T-mobile or AT&T), so she is kind of stuck.

jtblazer

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I just want Verizon to get the 1520! I currently have a samsung note 3 and I REALLY like what Nokia and Microsoft have done. I need the big screen big battery and memory card so the icon isn't an option.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Santos lil elpair

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The problem is the majority of verizon stores are not Verizon owned and are actually retailers that rent the franchise verizon name and logos. All of the retailers just carry the most popular phones and what they can move the most volume on which is not windows. We tried two different retailers and neither carried windows phones. Went to an actual Verizon store and they carried everything including the new Icon, which is awesome. Now they just need an icon equivalent on AT&T and we'll be set. So go to an official Verizon store and you will see WP.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Just went to the Microsoft Store to check out the ATIV SE. Also tried my luck on the free phone, No luck for me. I have an Ativ S, but that ATIV SE looks and feels much better. It's the Premiunest(not a word) phone I've felt. It feels heavier than the HTC One, but also more durable. I felt like I had a piece of premium metal on my hand. At least I perceived it was, though I know the back cover isn't. Not sure if the sides are, but they looked like it. I absolutely LOVE IT. Just need AT&T to get one and hopefully not change anything, maybe an itsy bigger screen. But other than that, it'll be great.

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I just want Verizon to get the 1520! I currently have a samsung note 3 and I REALLY like what Nokia and Microsoft have done. I need the big screen big battery and memory card so the icon isn't an option.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
I'm using the Note 2 and want to upgrade at the end of the year, but I really want a WP... So yesterday I stopped by the VZ store and checked out the Icon... Yeah, not as big, no removable battery or SD expansion, but man.. what a nice device! I'm still hoping for a 5.5" or larger WP before I upgrade, but if there are none, I may just grab the Icon.. it's really good!

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The problem is the majority of verizon stores are not Verizon owned and are actually retailers that rent the franchise verizon name and logos. All of the retailers just carry the most popular phones and what they can move the most volume on which is not windows. We tried two different retailers and neither carried windows phones. Went to an actual Verizon store and they carried everything including the new Icon, which is awesome. Now they just need an icon equivalent on AT&T and we'll be set. So go to an official Verizon store and you will see WP.

Same experience here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire