T-Mobile WiFi Calling

Inferati

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Anyone else having a problem with T-Mobile WiFi calling after the update, my actually calling is working just fine with it switched on but I can't use it for messaging at all.

David Ginsburg

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem. My calling works fine on wifi calling, but my text messaging does not.

I uninstalled the wifi app and re-installed it, but the messaging still isn't working.

I've also tried it on three different wifi systems, calling works, messaging doesn't.

I'm using a 925.

dnique2009

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing the exact same issue with my Lumia 925. Calling works fine, but text does not. Continuously says, "Can't Send." :unhappy:

David Ginsburg

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset on my phone this morning. It didn't fix the wifi texting issue.

We will have to wait from a fix from Microsoft, T-Mobile and/or Nokia.

Inferati

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset on my phone this morning. It didn't fix the wifi texting issue.

We will have to wait from a fix from Microsoft, T-Mobile and/or Nokia.

That sucks, I was about to try that to see if it fixed it since I hate how much battery it starts to drain while in my house as it keeps "looking" for signal. Guess we do have no choice but to wait, at least calling works lol

poliTechnsis

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
:crying: I was concerned about this very risk... but having done a quick search & not found anything, I proceeded to update both of my folks' 925's. That's on me. I really hope there's an update that fixes this very soon!

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I'm not having any issues with Wi-Fi calling on my 925, YET. Everything has been great on both my 925 & 521 since updating to 8.1

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
My started to help today, can't send SMS or mms over WiFi, but when I turn it off everything works fine again.

Like was said before, turning it off didn't help :\

I didn't have any problems with it before until now recently.

congoose

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I believe SMS/MMS is always over cellular data. Both so they can count the messages and because the recipient receives over cellular. I've noticed that sometimes I can't disconnect from "wifi calling" until I reboot the phone (tried toggling wifi, airplane mode and cellular data). It's not everytime, but a handful of times. So the SMS issue might just be an issue with the wifi to cellular handoff.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I'm not having any issues with Wi-Fi calling on my 925, YET. Everything has been great on both my 925 & 521 since updating to 8.1

Well, it appears that I have jinxed myself as my ability to send SMS and MMS has been disabled on both my 521 & 925 on T-Mobile. I guess we'll have to wait until Lumia Cyan it's released before this gets resolved.

elknimrod

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Try turning off your Data connection and see if the SMS comes back. I believe MMS needs an internet connection, so you need to turn Data back on for that.

I've seen this help a lot of people.

Ed

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happening here. I have to disable WiFi Calling to send out SMS.

MMS never worked while enabled and it even says so in the WiFi Calling app in the FAQ section that you need to disable it to send MMS.

petecal

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks dudes.
I have had a text waiting to go out for hours with the message that it can't be sent.
I turned off wifi and out it went.

Inferati

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm afraid we'll be waiting until the firmware update. Thankfully I moved and I don't need WiFi calling anymore. I actually get signal in my house now! Can't wait for the lower spectrum phones to start being able to be used so I can get perfect signal!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077