Getting New WP on ATT

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have come here to enlist some help in getting a new WP on ATT. I can't seem to find the right fit for me. I do have some requirements tho. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. I currently use an Nokia 900. Anyways my next phone needs to have more than 16gb with expandable memory, must feel solid not like flimsy plastic, good camera, wireless charging would be nice but not necessary, and a regular size screen nothing ridiculously big or tiny. If anyone can help me find a WP like this please let me know

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
There are very few phones that would meet your criteria. I think only the Samsung Ativ S Neo would have the size and memory requirement. Don't know about build quality or camera.

udupa1982

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
IMO, you should wait. Nokia bound to launch its next flagship by fall and it will be worth the wait. I have 920 and i also want to change because battery is not good enough. If the battery is not enough for 920 and then its not good enough for 1020. Sure buy 1020 if you like 41mp camera(I also have one). But i want a better battery life but phone shouldn't be bigger than 5" and i also want Qi charging inbuilt (ATT doesn't support Qi). As a result, I'm willing to wait for phone which will be a right fit for me. So you got to wait and take decision after thinking about what you want. But personally, i don't see any good Nokia Lumia handsets on ATT other than 1020 that to only because of its camera, on the other hand it's week point is its battery.

Sent from Nokia Lumia 920

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yea you are probably right. I think they will launch something big this summer. The 1020 came out last July... So I see Nokia/Microsoft poised to compete with the S5 and Iphone 5S/6. I will probably take your advice and wait and see

udupa1982

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
But i doubt they will launch 1020 successor as it took Nokia almost 3 yrs to develop the tech. But for sure they will launch something better than existing hardware lineup. For one,i hate hardware search button, it's such a annoyance, Mainly because it keeps launching search/ cortana even when we don't need all because i touch the search button by mistake, but with software buttons i can resolve it.

Sent from Nokia Lumia 920

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you aren't going to see another massive leap like the 1020. You will see a refinement of that sensor, making it smaller, etc...I think most people are happy with the 20mp sensors in the 1520, Icon, etc that aren't huge. Nokia needs to get back to refining the capture algorithms cause here lately they have been goofing off too much between Amber and Black with inconsistent image quality.

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah hopefully ATT gets a successor to the 920 maybe a 930 I want that camera and the new processor and better battery. If I was with Verizon I would def be looking at the new Samsung SE. It has everything im looking for in a phone minus the Qi

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If it is anything like the SG4 the contacts are under the battery cover for a Qi pad you can add to the phone

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss