Shady ATT or honest mistake

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my 1020 of contract on launch day last year.
I decided to go to AIO, checked my imei two weeks ago, all good. Got my phone unlocked.
My contract is up this week, time to by a AIO sim.

Check my imei again yesterday, ATT put my phone on the stolen list. WTF? How do I fix this? Think it was intentional as my contract expires or an honest mistake?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Contact them, ATT probably won't screw someone like that. (you cant give them money that way)

Also, did you buy the device new from official channels?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea, you have some sort of receipt laying around from the purchase, it will be incredibly easy to prove you are the owner...

Were you recently using your IMEI around somewhere? Maybe wrote it down somewhere for something at AIO and a random jerk is screwing with you?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I purchased it launch day, from an MS store.

A receipt from 8 months ago, highly unlikely I files that.

I typed it into the tracker last week and gave it to att a few months ago to unlock it.

...this is all just too convenient.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I purchased it launch day, from an MS store.

A receipt from 8 months ago, highly unlikely I files that.

I typed it into the tracker last week and gave it to att a few months ago to unlock it.

...this is all just too convenient.

Contact the MS store and see if your purchase is still in their system.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
More often than not, the answer is "shady" when it comes to AT&T, but things like this can happen with any carrier. None of them are exactly the quintessence of honesty. I'm guessing you didn't keep the box? I know you said the receipt is probably gone but some people keep the box in case they sell their device later.

Let us know what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon