T-Mobile Question

tjoyce

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
My company is considering a switch to T-Mobile from AT&T. I'm frankly a little afraid because their WP selection sucks. I currently have a 920, but was hoping to upgrade to something newer soon. Couple questions...

1. If I bring the unlocked 920 into T-Mobile, will I still get OTA updates, such as 8.1 later?
2. I haven't been following T-Mobile's roadmap at all, is there any chance they're getting the Icon (or equivalent, such as 930) anytime soon?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My company is considering a switch to T-Mobile from AT&T. I'm frankly a little afraid because their WP selection sucks. I currently have a 920, but was hoping to upgrade to something newer soon. Couple questions...

1. If I bring the unlocked 920 into T-Mobile, will I still get OTA updates, such as 8.1 later?
2. I haven't been following T-Mobile's roadmap at all, is there any chance they're getting the Icon (or equivalent, such as 930) anytime soon?

Yes, you will definitely get your updates on the 920. There is no official word on T-Mobile carrying the 930 or another flagship anytime soon, although we know they will be getting the 635. The only thing I can say is time will tell. You're definitely well off using your unlocked 920.

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you will definitely get your updates on the 920. There is no official word on T-Mobile carrying the 930 or another flagship anytime soon, although we know they will be getting the 635. The only thing I can say is time will tell. You're definitely well off using your unlocked 920.

My L920 works fine on t-mobile. I will however state one 'catch' As it doesn't get all the t-mobile bands, there may be places where you will either be stuck in edge/2g land or have no signal at all, where a 't-mobile' phone will have full '4g (hspa+)' signal. Rumor has it though, that they are working to transition their entire network to LTE...so when that happens, the 920 will be happy on their full network.

I have also seen (an earlier article here on wpcentral) that there is a Lumia 1520.3 that you can find from some retailers that is fully compatible with t-mobile's network.
Newegg.com - Nokia Lumia 1520.3 Black 3G 4G LTE Quad-Core 2.2GHz Unlocked Cell Phone (US LTE Bands)
And there's also the L925 that can be had for right around $200! so there's always that option as well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs