08-14-2014 05:35 AM
103 12345
tools
    I think the biggest problem is that sales people do not want to look STUPID. They are going to tryand sell you what they use and what they know so they don't look DUMB trying you sell you something they don't know anything about. With the small market share WP8 has most sales reps do not own one so they don't push them. All four of the WP8 phones me and my wife own I bought from online and only brought them to AT&T to activate them. Until WP8 gets more popular it is a problem I do not see going away. I think 10% will do it, a ways to go. I don't think AT&T is any different from the others.
    Totally agree here in USA WP not getting any better,maybe in italy but not here in us. I wonder what is Ms strategy here in America....cause its not working....insanity!
    05-12-2014 05:18 PM
    In Charleston, WV when I went to buy my 920 last year in April 2013, no one at the AT&T store knew one single thing about them. I knew more about the 920 having never used one and only being informed from online research, how sad.

Even worse than that our local Best Buy store was even worse, at that time they had a display and only one person had any knowledge of Windows phones and it was acquired during the WP7 period, he advised I say away from any WP's, said it would constantly hang and lockup plus never work properly.

Now its even worse at the Charleston, WV Best Buy they keep Windows Phones and all their Nokia's in the back storeroom they do not even display them.

I was thinking about getting a 1520 a few months ago and after checking online they showed them in stock so I went to the store going to check one out and the salesman said they did not have any windows phones or Nokia's in stock and I told him the website show the 1520 plus the 1020 in stock so he checked his inventory they had Nokia phones and other window phones in stock that they just do not display them anymore, what a crock.

So that's why I purchased the 920 online last year and really have had not had any problems accept for the sometimes spastic unexplainable sudden battery drain, other than that I would recommend WP 8 to anyone I have had zero lockups, and everything works fast and smooth.
    05-12-2014 05:23 PM
    It's so true that most reps don't know WP at all. I'll never forget how I was the one who answered a customer's questions at an AT&T store back in November 2012 when I was there checking out the 920 and 820. He was asking the rep helping him about this and that and she simply couldn't answer... So I did. He ended up deciding to buy an 820 and then even came back to me to ask another question about the phone. I felt good about myself, but at the same time, I couldn't help thinking how sad it was that a rep couldn't answer his questions.
    05-12-2014 08:38 PM
    In Charleston, WV when I went to buy my 920 last year in April 2013, no one at the AT&T store knew one single thing about them. I knew more about the 920 having never used one and only being informed from online research, how sad.

Even worse than that our local Best Buy store was even worse, at that time they had a display and only one person had any knowledge of Windows phones and it was acquired during the WP7 period, he advised I say away from any WP's, said it would constantly hang and lockup plus never work properly.

Now its even worse at the Charleston, WV Best Buy they keep Windows Phones and all their Nokia's in the back storeroom they do not even display them.

I was thinking about getting a 1520 a few months ago and after checking online they showed them in stock so I went to the store going to check one out and the salesman said they did not have any windows phones or Nokia's in stock and I told him the website show the 1520 plus the 1020 in stock so he checked his inventory they had Nokia phones and other window phones in stock that they just do not display them anymore, what a crock.

So that's why I purchased the 920 online last year and really have had not had any problems accept for the sometimes spastic unexplainable sudden battery drain, other than that I would recommend WP 8 to anyone I have had zero lockups, and everything works fast and smooth.
    The Best Buys in northern WV (Morgantown) are just as bad. Our local AT&T at least has a pretty good WP display and the good clerks (as in, the ones who know what they talking about, as in, some would get questions about iPhones wrong too) were always super nice about WP.
    05-12-2014 08:54 PM
    He was asking the rep helping him about this and that and she simply couldn't answer... So I did. He ended up deciding to buy an 820 and then even came back to me to ask another question about the phone. I felt good about myself, but at the same time, I couldn't help thinking how sad it was that a rep couldn't answer his questions.
    Yeah...i would have told the rep, either you give me half of your commission check or im telling your manager that I had to sell the phone for you...but then again, the way most carriers act nowadays, the manager probably wouldn't care because its a WP. Now, if they failed to mention that the newer I phones have faster charging, they'll probably get fired! LOL! Seriously though, I've heard this for years, 1st with BlackBerry, then WP...when are these companies going to give us commission? We've always sold their phones to customers who normally wouldn't have bought one otherwise. (For the record, it doesn't have to be a commission check...it could be a phone case, charging pad, or even a phone! )
    05-12-2014 11:45 PM
    Its the Sam with sales everywhere. Go into a camera shop looking for a nice slr and they will always push you towards a Nikon even if you are there for a canon. They will give you advice on how its better or "personal" horror stories about canon. In reality they get higher commissions off Nikon and Nikon feeds them with bonus programs and free software for the shop to use to run the store. Never trust a salesman they are out for the commosion. If they are rude they are a poor salesmen. If they seem genuine they are just more skilled and realize I builds trust with who they are trying to sell.
    05-13-2014 01:08 AM
    Everybody hates the WP.
    Why try to sell what peeple don't want?

I have had a very bad consumer experience with AT&T so I will immediately dismiss them on all levels.
    05-13-2014 01:17 AM
    Its the Sam with sales everywhere. Go into a camera shop looking for a nice slr and they will always push you towards a Nikon even if you are there for a canon. They will give you advice on how its better or "personal" horror stories about canon. In reality they get higher commissions off Nikon and Nikon feeds them with bonus programs and free software for the shop to use to run the store. Never trust a salesman they are out for the commosion. If they are rude they are a poor salesmen. If they seem genuine they are just more skilled and realize I builds trust with who they are trying to sell.
    The funny thing is, I use to be HUGE on canon. I still like and use my DSLR, but odds are if i'm taking a photo, it's with my Windows Phone.
    05-13-2014 01:31 AM
    Everybody hates the WP.
    Why try to sell what peeple don't want?

I have had a very bad consumer experience with AT&T so I will immediately dismiss them on all levels.
    I don't hate it,.. I LOVE WP. And fyi, you have two e's in your people statement.
    05-13-2014 01:32 AM
    Peeple
    That's the way I spell it out of boredom with the english text dialogue.

AT&T can be very uncaring to customers...
    As with any corporate entity.
    Sorry
    palandri likes this.
    05-13-2014 01:40 AM
    The lack of apps is probably enough to not sale the phone for the average consumer. That and ease of use. I think the average sales person knows these are the things windows phone does not do the best compared to apple and Android. Therefore it's easier to make a sale for the other phones.
    05-13-2014 04:21 AM
    Most people say most apps are there but still a whole lot aren't. My bank doesn't have an app in the windows store but they do in the other OS stores. And that's coming from the biggest credit union in the country. Sound cloud doesn't have an app. Rap genius, who sampled, cubase, akai, fl studio, and lots of other very well known and popular apps don't appear in the windows store. I have only one friend who has a windows phone and when I asked her about windows phone before I made the switch that's the only point she made. She's not technical savvy and all she wants are more apps. That's what the average consumer wants. Make it easier and add more apps and the phone should sell itself.
    05-13-2014 04:30 AM
    The lack of apps is probably enough to not sale the phone for the average consumer. That and ease of use. I think the average sales person knows these are the things windows phone does not do the best compared to apple and Android. Therefore it's easier to make a sale for the other phones.
    It's the best for ease of use and the adopts most everyone wants are there... Tired old arguments
    metalchick719 likes this.
    05-13-2014 04:30 AM
    I love WP and I love AT&T. WP has improved a lot. AT&T is still nuts, but they have gone above and beyond. Including this free 1520 I got for being very patent with them. Imagine 3 hours to exchange a phone, and wind up with a dumb phone. The next day was better, they called and told me for all the problems I went through, they was giving me my phone free, no next plan, no doing on my upgrade

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-13-2014 05:19 AM
    I never knew this happened with cameras. You're right. The same could be said for every consumer market out there. I guess that's why I don't do a whole lot of shopping in commission led stores, because I feel like im talking to a car salesman every time.
    05-13-2014 06:11 AM
    I guess that's why I don't do a whole lot of shopping in commission led stores, because I feel like im talking to a car salesman every time.
    That is why you should always research, research and do more research on the phone your looking to buy. Never trust a salesmen or women, having worked in sales myself - I can tell you some have no Ethics or Morales when it comes to selling a product.. They will lie out of their teeth and make it sound and convince you the product lays golden eggs and cries rainbows lol.
    05-13-2014 06:41 AM
    Same here in Sydney, Australia. I went into the only store in Australia that sells the 1520 to have a look at the features & get a feel of it after reading so many good things about it here. They didn't have any out of the box, they didn't even have a display/fake one.
    How am I meant to know if its the right phone for me (ie not too big) without having it in my hands?
    Just going off what people are saying on wpcentral makes me want to get this phone (even though I just upgraded to a 2 year contract for the iPhone 5s a couple of months ago) but I can't buy something that big just by looking at the box.

Every other phone (Samsung / iPhone) was on display except the 1520!
    05-13-2014 07:09 AM
    Same here in Sydney, Australia. I went into the only store in Australia that sells the 1520 to have a look at the features & get a feel of it after reading so many good things about it here. They didn't have any out of the box, they didn't even have a display/fake one.
    How am I meant to know if its the right phone for me (ie not too big) without having it in my hands?
    Just going off what people are saying on wpcentral makes me want to get this phone (even though I just upgraded to a 2 year contract for the iPhone 5s a couple of months ago) but I can't buy something that big just by looking at the box.

Every other phone (Samsung / iPhone) was on display except the 1520!
    This looks like a worldwide issue: PLANET WE HAVE A PROBLEM!
    oditius likes this.
    05-13-2014 07:32 AM
    Yes, unfortunately it is a worldwide issue... hmm I think I might just set up a windows phone store or something lol. In all honesty I was hoping they would have started transitioning those Nokia Kiosks and Nokia Carepoints as mini MS Outlets as we do need some sort of MS presence to bolster WP and give us WP shoppers somewhere we can actually shop without dealing with irritating and uninformed sales reps :P.

However I guess it is the legalities of the transition that are still in play and need to be ironed (as in amalgamating certain kiosks, points which are close to each other, redundancy packages for those being closed down etc). This is a long winded process and unfortunately for us wont happen over night lol.
    05-13-2014 07:55 AM
    Most people say most apps are there but still a whole lot aren't. My bank doesn't have an app in the windows store but they do in the other OS stores. And that's coming from the biggest credit union in the country. Sound cloud doesn't have an app. Rap genius, who sampled, cubase, akai, fl studio, and lots of other very well known and popular apps don't appear in the windows store. I have only one friend who has a windows phone and when I asked her about windows phone before I made the switch that's the only point she made. She's not technical savvy and all she wants are more apps. That's what the average consumer wants. Make it easier and add more apps and the phone should sell itself.
    I use Chase and Capital One for banking. Chase has an app for Windows Phone and Capital One doesn't. The user experiences are virtually identical so I can't honestly say that my life is adversely impacted in any way, shape or form by not having a Capital One app. Would I like one? Of course, but when people say they wouldn't consider WP just because there isn't a particular banking app, for example, it only shows that they have bought into app hype and really don't know how to use a mobile phone effectively. The perceived importance of apps as a definitive consideration is one of the biggest hoaxes pulled on the mobile phone masses. People think they need them because people have told them they are important. There are so many other important considerations in selecting a mobile OS, like ecosystem, for instance.
    05-13-2014 11:37 AM
    My bank doesn't have a WP app yet, but their mobile page is good. I keep tweeting the Devs to create one, they are now working on one

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-13-2014 12:05 PM
    The same way a cat hates the mouse.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    05-13-2014 12:10 PM
    But realistically apps play a big role in making a smart phone smart. How does a phone interact with things around it besides calling and text and a PA? Well lets see with nest I can control my air condition from anywhere, alarm and home security, and other apps like square for small business, pebble doesn't work with our bluetooth, signing contracts, and also the app houzz which doesn't look well on mobile compare to the clean app interface. Apps do play a big role.
    05-13-2014 12:15 PM
    I tried once asking about Samsung ATIV S here in Indonesia
    almost every counter I asked to diverted me into Samsung Galaxy and said something like "Galaxy is better because it's Android"

not much people know about Windows Phone
    only a select few who loves Nokia and/or those who took their time to research their next phone
    05-13-2014 03:27 PM
    I use Chase and Capital One for banking. Chase has an app for Windows Phone and Capital One doesn't. The user experiences are virtually identical so I can't honestly say that my life is adversely impacted in any way, shape or form by not having a Capital One app. Would I like one? Of course, but when people say they wouldn't consider WP just because there isn't a particular banking app, for example, it only shows that they have bought into app hype and really don't know how to use a mobile phone effectively. The perceived importance of apps as a definitive consideration is one of the biggest hoaxes pulled on the mobile phone masses. People think they need them because people have told them they are important. There are so many other important considerations in selecting a mobile OS, like ecosystem, for instance.
    I seen an interview on YouTube once that had Steve jobs t talking about the success of the iPhone. He pointed out that he never expected apps to be that big but people started using the apps more and more to do functions that could be done without the apps. Apps are now a huge party of the average consumer's mobile experience. This is undeniable.
    05-13-2014 03:42 PM
103 12345