Why does At&t hate Wp8?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
The lack of apps is probably enough to not sale the phone for the average consumer. That and ease of use. I think the average sales person knows these are the things windows phone does not do the best compared to apple and Android. Therefore it's easier to make a sale for the other phones.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Most people say most apps are there but still a whole lot aren't. My bank doesn't have an app in the windows store but they do in the other OS stores. And that's coming from the biggest credit union in the country. Sound cloud doesn't have an app. Rap genius, who sampled, cubase, akai, fl studio, and lots of other very well known and popular apps don't appear in the windows store. I have only one friend who has a windows phone and when I asked her about windows phone before I made the switch that's the only point she made. She's not technical savvy and all she wants are more apps. That's what the average consumer wants. Make it easier and add more apps and the phone should sell itself.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
The lack of apps is probably enough to not sale the phone for the average consumer. That and ease of use. I think the average sales person knows these are the things windows phone does not do the best compared to apple and Android. Therefore it's easier to make a sale for the other phones.

It's the best for ease of use and the adopts most everyone wants are there... Tired old arguments

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I love WP and I love AT&T. WP has improved a lot. AT&T is still nuts, but they have gone above and beyond. Including this free 1520 I got for being very patent with them. Imagine 3 hours to exchange a phone, and wind up with a dumb phone. The next day was better, they called and told me for all the problems I went through, they was giving me my phone free, no next plan, no doing on my upgrade

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Its the Sam with sales everywhere. Go into a camera shop looking for a nice slr and they will always push you towards a Nikon even if you are there for a canon. They will give you advice on how its better or "personal" horror stories about canon. In reality they get higher commissions off Nikon and Nikon feeds them with bonus programs and free software for the shop to use to run the store. Never trust a salesman they are out for the commosion. If they are rude they are a poor salesmen. If they seem genuine they are just more skilled and realize I builds trust with who they are trying to sell.

I never knew this happened with cameras. You're right. The same could be said for every consumer market out there. I guess that's why I don't do a whole lot of shopping in commission led stores, because I feel like im talking to a car salesman every time.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I guess that's why I don't do a whole lot of shopping in commission led stores, because I feel like im talking to a car salesman every time.

That is why you should always research, research and do more research on the phone your looking to buy. Never trust a salesmen or women, having worked in sales myself - I can tell you some have no Ethics or Morales when it comes to selling a product.. They will lie out of their teeth and make it sound and convince you the product lays golden eggs and cries rainbows lol.

SteveSAPA

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Same here in Sydney, Australia. I went into the only store in Australia that sells the 1520 to have a look at the features & get a feel of it after reading so many good things about it here. They didn't have any out of the box, they didn't even have a display/fake one.
How am I meant to know if its the right phone for me (ie not too big) without having it in my hands?
Just going off what people are saying on wpcentral makes me want to get this phone (even though I just upgraded to a 2 year contract for the iPhone 5s a couple of months ago) but I can't buy something that big just by looking at the box.

Every other phone (Samsung / iPhone) was on display except the 1520!

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Same here in Sydney, Australia. I went into the only store in Australia that sells the 1520 to have a look at the features & get a feel of it after reading so many good things about it here. They didn't have any out of the box, they didn't even have a display/fake one.
How am I meant to know if its the right phone for me (ie not too big) without having it in my hands?
Just going off what people are saying on wpcentral makes me want to get this phone (even though I just upgraded to a 2 year contract for the iPhone 5s a couple of months ago) but I can't buy something that big just by looking at the box.

Every other phone (Samsung / iPhone) was on display except the 1520!

This looks like a worldwide issue: PLANET WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately it is a worldwide issue... hmm I think I might just set up a windows phone store or something lol. In all honesty I was hoping they would have started transitioning those Nokia Kiosks and Nokia Carepoints as mini MS Outlets as we do need some sort of MS presence to bolster WP and give us WP shoppers somewhere we can actually shop without dealing with irritating and uninformed sales reps :p.

However I guess it is the legalities of the transition that are still in play and need to be ironed (as in amalgamating certain kiosks, points which are close to each other, redundancy packages for those being closed down etc). This is a long winded process and unfortunately for us wont happen over night lol.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Most people say most apps are there but still a whole lot aren't. My bank doesn't have an app in the windows store but they do in the other OS stores. And that's coming from the biggest credit union in the country. Sound cloud doesn't have an app. Rap genius, who sampled, cubase, akai, fl studio, and lots of other very well known and popular apps don't appear in the windows store. I have only one friend who has a windows phone and when I asked her about windows phone before I made the switch that's the only point she made. She's not technical savvy and all she wants are more apps. That's what the average consumer wants. Make it easier and add more apps and the phone should sell itself.

I use Chase and Capital One for banking. Chase has an app for Windows Phone and Capital One doesn't. The user experiences are virtually identical so I can't honestly say that my life is adversely impacted in any way, shape or form by not having a Capital One app. Would I like one? Of course, but when people say they wouldn't consider WP just because there isn't a particular banking app, for example, it only shows that they have bought into app hype and really don't know how to use a mobile phone effectively. The perceived importance of apps as a definitive consideration is one of the biggest hoaxes pulled on the mobile phone masses. People think they need them because people have told them they are important. There are so many other important considerations in selecting a mobile OS, like ecosystem, for instance.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My bank doesn't have a WP app yet, but their mobile page is good. I keep tweeting the Devs to create one, they are now working on one

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

errole

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
But realistically apps play a big role in making a smart phone smart. How does a phone interact with things around it besides calling and text and a PA? Well lets see with nest I can control my air condition from anywhere, alarm and home security, and other apps like square for small business, pebble doesn't work with our bluetooth, signing contracts, and also the app houzz which doesn't look well on mobile compare to the clean app interface. Apps do play a big role.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I tried once asking about Samsung ATIV S here in Indonesia
almost every counter I asked to diverted me into Samsung Galaxy and said something like "Galaxy is better because it's Android"

not much people know about Windows Phone
only a select few who loves Nokia and/or those who took their time to research their next phone

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I use Chase and Capital One for banking. Chase has an app for Windows Phone and Capital One doesn't. The user experiences are virtually identical so I can't honestly say that my life is adversely impacted in any way, shape or form by not having a Capital One app. Would I like one? Of course, but when people say they wouldn't consider WP just because there isn't a particular banking app, for example, it only shows that they have bought into app hype and really don't know how to use a mobile phone effectively. The perceived importance of apps as a definitive consideration is one of the biggest hoaxes pulled on the mobile phone masses. People think they need them because people have told them they are important. There are so many other important considerations in selecting a mobile OS, like ecosystem, for instance.

I seen an interview on YouTube once that had Steve jobs t talking about the success of the iPhone. He pointed out that he never expected apps to be that big but people started using the apps more and more to do functions that could be done without the apps. Apps are now a huge party of the average consumer's mobile experience. This is undeniable.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I seen an interview on YouTube once that had Steve jobs t talking about the success of the iPhone. He pointed out that he never expected apps to be that big but people started using the apps more and more to do functions that could be done without the apps. Apps are now a huge party of the average consumer's mobile experience. This is undeniable.

You're right. I definitely wouldn't deny that apps are a big deal to consumers, but it is certainly unfortunate for WP given the app gap perception. It reminds me of gluten-free foods. 10% of the people eat them for legitimate reasons, and the other 90% eat them because they are convinced it's better even if they don't know why. I'd say a similar percentage of people (10%) are actually affected by missing or substandard WP apps, while the remaining 90% are convinced that they need a million app store even though they would do just fine with Windows Phone. And of course even if only 10% of those people switched to WP, the app gap would disappear completely.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
While apps may be important, Windows Phone has most of the important ones. And I love Windows Phone more than any particular app, so it's a non issue. I use to bank with BOA, now I use Chase, they both have WP apps. But if I was banking with someone who didn't have an app, I would either just use the website or just simply get a different bank that has an app. For me, WP > My Bank.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
That is one of the stupidest things I've heard this year.

accomplishments are sometimes unintended, but their still something worth noting.

They weren't telling the truth and it's not a conspiracy.

what percentage of sales people do you consider might be truthful?

It's the fact that most of these store workers are mindless drones for apple or android.

I don't think mindless drones could transport themselves to work without some guidance, but you could likely pick them out in a crowd easily if they're all moving in synchronicity towards the same target.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
While apps may be important, Windows Phone has most of the important ones. And I love Windows Phone more than any particular app, so it's a non issue. I use to bank with BOA, now I use Chase, they both have WP apps. But if I was banking with someone who didn't have an app, I would either just use the website or just simply get a different bank that has an app. For me, WP > My Bank.

what does the app do that their web interface lacks?

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
what does the app do that their web interface lacks?

Most people like apps because they are normally designed better than your average bank's website and works better on a touch screen. But other than that, it can access your phone's abilities. Such as location to help find nearby ATM's. Or the camera, to take a photo of a check and have it deposited, I do this with the Chase app, the website cannot do this.

And for these people that work at stores, (no offense to anyone who might work at such a place) but I view them as having the same intelligence as your average fast food worker. (no offense to fast food workers either!) But they are not exactly rocket scientists either, or anywhere near!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett