Airtel in India on my TMO Simple Choice Plan

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Used the Airtel service on my USA T-Mobile SIM in India over the last 10 days. Great service, no issues with calling, SMS and data. Pretty decent speeds for the most part, sometimes though data would crawl down and then needed to hit refresh to keep it going again. Overall, pretty satisfied with the service.

harshakn6

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Used the Airtel service on my USA T-Mobile SIM in India over the last 10 days. Great service, no issues with calling, SMS and data. Pretty decent speeds for the most part, sometimes though data would crawl down and then needed to hit refresh to keep it going again. Overall, pretty satisfied with the service.

sounds good

anon(8057870)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Which city? 4g or 3g?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Which city? 4g or 3g?

^This^. I'm visiting India (Kerala region) for a week in January 2016, and I'm curious if T-Mobile will work well for me. My other option is to use Project Fi. I would consider getting a local SIM card, but it seems it's not simple to do in India.

anon(8057870)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
^This^. I'm visiting India (Kerala region) for a week in January 2016, and I'm curious if T-Mobile will work well for me. My other option is to use Project Fi. I would consider getting a local SIM card, but it seems it's not simple to do in India.

Local SIM card is difficult to get. Did you speak to T mobile guys. In Kerala, the major operators are Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, bsnl. See if they have any network sharing with these operators.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
TMO should work well. What phone are you planning to use? For a local SIM get your local contact to get one ahead of time so that it is waiting for you and available to use upon arrival. Enjoy your trip to Kerala.

Where in Kerala are you going?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
TMO should work well. What phone are you planning to use? For a local SIM get your local contact to get one ahead of time so that it is waiting for you and available to use upon arrival. Enjoy your trip to Kerala.

Where in Kerala are you going?

I'll be using a Nexus 6. I'm going to Kochi (Cochin).

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why you were so lucky. Its so bad in city like Bangalore even now. Data speed is always bad . Also lot of call drops.
I was in Bangalore for 14 hours in January and didn't have too many issues. I don't remember who the carrier was. I used the OnePlus One on that trip with my TMO USA SIM card. It was a quick trip. In from Singapore in the morning and out to Malaysia in the evening.

anon(8057870)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I was in Bangalore for 14 hours in January and didn't have too many issues. I don't remember who the carrier was. I used the OnePlus One on that trip with my TMO USA SIM card. It was a quick trip. In from Singapore in the morning and out to Malaysia in the evening.

Indian regulator TRAI has proposed one rupee per every call drop. Such bad is the situation n carriers are not improving service at all. Hopefully the penalty will make them do something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion