AT&T Upgrade?

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I got the 920 on contract with AT&T when it came out. Contract is up in a couple months, but there's nothing to upgrade to. Any chance that AT&T gets a new Lumia phone or 930/Icon by fall?

I could live with the 920 a little longer. It still runs great. It's just nice to get a shiny new phone after a couple years with the same one..

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
my contract ran out last month, and am waiting to see what comes out this fall. if anything. I'll push my 920 until an upgrade that makes me happy comes out

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Got a 820 about the same time as your purchase but I don't see a upgrade in our near future. 930 is not on my list as it does not have a SD slot or a removeable battery. I would have considered the 925 if the AT&T version had 32GB of memory. 16 is just not enough without a SD card. Seems like Verizon has suddenly come to life with its list of WP8/WP8.1 phones comming, while AT&T is quite as a church mouse. My brother just changed to Verizon; might have to myself in the next few months. ????????

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Switching carriers just isn't reasonable for me. I've got grandfathered unlimited data as well as a corporate discount. I'd lose both if I switched.. :straight:

janktastic

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat TC. Except my 920 broke and now I have a less than ideal refurb 925 AT&T sent me as a replacement. Shame. I really loved the 920 and if I still had it I would stick definitely stick it out til threshold and whatever flagship came out in the spring.

Really sucks that McLaren got the boot. I'm also positive it would have made it's way to AT&T this holiday.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you guys, right now its not feasible to leave the carrier, My wife just upgraded her 520 to a 1020 and so she is stuck for 2 years. Both myself and my mother-in-law are eligible at the end of the year for upgrades, but there is no upgrade, the 1020 is a side grade, and the 1520 is too frigen huge.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm also waiting to see what is available. I have no issues waiting and using my 920 longer, if there is not a new flagship device this fall. The 1520 is too big for me.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm also waiting to see what is available. I have no issues waiting and using my 920 longer, if there is not a new flagship device this fall. The 1520 is too big for me.

I am with you on that one, the 1520 is a beautiful phone, just too dang big. My contract is up in Dec. as well. I will hold out till springs threshold release before I give AT&T the boot. I am more loyal to my chosen platform, less to the carrier. I wont go back to Android or IPhone either. I had enough of them lol

carlcamera

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Same concerns here.

The "get a phone for free and extend your contract 2 years" is not cost effective on AT&T. If you are off-contract on a family or individual plan (as I understand this - I am no expert) your monthly charge is $15/month. If you get a new phone -- any new phone -- and begin a new contract period then your monthly charge is $40 per month -- an extra $25 per month to cover the cost of the phone. $25 for two years is $600! Purchasing a 920 off contract is $300 new.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Same concerns here.

The "get a phone for free and extend your contract 2 years" is not cost effective on AT&T. If you are off-contract on a family or individual plan (as I understand this - I am no expert) your monthly charge is $15/month. If you get a new phone -- any new phone -- and begin a new contract period then your monthly charge is $40 per month -- an extra $25 per month to cover the cost of the phone. $25 for two years is $600! Purchasing a 920 off contract is $300 new.
I'm currently out of contract, but my bill did not get any cheaper.

I've never used nor considered the Next plans.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro