Hi

I currently have an EE locked HTC 8X, with an EE contract sim. I'm wondering if I buy a new unlocked device would I be able to use my EE sim in this new device with no trouble?

In the future I plan to use a PAYG sim and swap it between various phones depending on what I fancy using, is this also easily done?

Thanks
    07-30-2014 05:22 AM
    Hi

I currently have an EE locked HTC 8X, with an EE contract sim. I'm wondering if I buy a new unlocked device would I be able to use my EE sim in this new device with no trouble?

In the future I plan to use a PAYG sim and swap it between various phones depending on what I fancy using, is this also easily done?

Thanks
    It's it's factory unlocked (aka sim free) then you can put in whatever sim you like. Just remember to set the correct APN settings if/when prompted, or manually.
    WanderingTraveler and Xarok like this.
    07-30-2014 05:25 AM
    Okay, the second is fine. A PAYG SIM can be transferred between phones that support the SIM.

The first is fine, but just in case, contact EE first.
    Xarok likes this.
    07-30-2014 05:25 AM
    If your phone is unlocked you put whatever SIM you want in it.

If you're going to swap phones around with the same SIM they all have to be unlocked phones or phones tied to the same network.
    Xarok likes this.
    07-30-2014 05:26 AM
    That's great guys :) thanks for letting me know.

I have a strange urge to own a device of each OS: WP, Android and iOS. Not sure how well this will work out though.
    07-30-2014 05:31 AM
    That's great guys :) thanks for letting me know.

I have a strange urge to own a device of each OS: WP, Android and iOS. Not sure how well this will work out though.
    Doesn't hurt. There's a number of people who do this sort of thing.

If you're going to do that you either have to have the phones will all the same type of SIM (micro/nano) or you'll need adapters which are not always the greatest things.
    07-30-2014 05:44 AM
    I have usually about 6 to 8 devices lying around and constantly swap SIM cards. Just make sure you have the correct size SIM card - regular, micro or nano. All my devices used the micro SIM card so it is easy to swap it between multiple devices.
    07-30-2014 06:14 AM