One Sim, Multiple Phones

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I currently have an EE locked HTC 8X, with an EE contract sim. I'm wondering if I buy a new unlocked device would I be able to use my EE sim in this new device with no trouble?

In the future I plan to use a PAYG sim and swap it between various phones depending on what I fancy using, is this also easily done?

Thanks

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I currently have an EE locked HTC 8X, with an EE contract sim. I'm wondering if I buy a new unlocked device would I be able to use my EE sim in this new device with no trouble?

In the future I plan to use a PAYG sim and swap it between various phones depending on what I fancy using, is this also easily done?

Thanks

It's it's factory unlocked (aka sim free) then you can put in whatever sim you like. Just remember to set the correct APN settings if/when prompted, or manually.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If your phone is unlocked you put whatever SIM you want in it.

If you're going to swap phones around with the same SIM they all have to be unlocked phones or phones tied to the same network.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
That's great guys :) thanks for letting me know.

I have a strange urge to own a device of each OS: WP, Android and iOS. Not sure how well this will work out though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That's great guys :) thanks for letting me know.

I have a strange urge to own a device of each OS: WP, Android and iOS. Not sure how well this will work out though.

Doesn't hurt. There's a number of people who do this sort of thing.

If you're going to do that you either have to have the phones will all the same type of SIM (micro/nano) or you'll need adapters which are not always the greatest things.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have usually about 6 to 8 devices lying around and constantly swap SIM cards. Just make sure you have the correct size SIM card - regular, micro or nano. All my devices used the micro SIM card so it is easy to swap it between multiple devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire