Another Week Wasted!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Yet another week has gone by and still no AT&T update for L920. This is getting truly ridiculous, have the WP central app installed and every next min/hr constant pings about this and that and not what's really important and that's "AT&T now seeding WP8.1 to its L920 users". How long are we gonna hear about all the great features on tap and those in WP 8.1 GDR1 and still not a hint of getting to experience it. The WP8 is great but WP8.1 is an improvement over what's already there so WTF ARE THEY STILL TESTING?????????????????????

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Such angry.

OK but actually, were you even with us when Microsoft and Nokia released Windows Phone 8.0 GDR2 + Lumia Amber?
Do you even remember or have heard about that?
No?
Then stop complaining, you're not alone. THAT was ridiculous.

Also put it into context.
Has T-Mobile released it for their phones? No. (at least they are confirmed to be released)
Verizon? Icon? Nope! 928? Uh-uh. 822? Pfft! ATIV SE?
AT&T? 925, 520, 1020, 1520! Just the 920, 820 (and sure, the 8X) left over. that's less than the phones on VZW still waiting.
Sprint? I don't see any news about the 8XT or ATIV S Neo getting anything!

Now of course, something logical could be that they are releasing it based on age. They obviously do test something, I imagine the department or whoever does it is limited and maybe other updates are clamoring for their attention. Maybe they decided something else is more important and devote resources to that? Perhaps some other Android update is also in line?
But I really don't know for sure how the process is done inside and out.

Sure, you can call them evil, but I believe they won't do "evil" for the sake of it. It's all about money, money, money.

Aaaaand, you're not the center of the Windows Phone universe.
I'm sorry! You're not!
There's plenty of people who have other devices clamoring for their update like you! You may not care whether the 520 gets Cyan, but the people in India or the people on GoPhone sure care!

If you're so furious, you could even try flashing your 920 to something not-reliant on AT&T! My ATT 920 is on the French CV ROM, I decided to bite the bullet and get Cyan today! (although looks like LTE is gone)
And then there's another guy whos on the ROGERS (carrier in Canada) ROM, that must've worked for him or her, right?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Many of us T-Mobile US subscribers are having to wait also.

Life is way too short to fume about something such as an update for a phone that could well make things worse.
My advice is to take life as it comes.

Put the phone down and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes