920 Owners on AT&T - Let's go public

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
unless it's a huge money issue, social media teams probably only have contact to marketing staff... thus the "blah blah" answers. In a smaller company, the person handling social media can just yell across the room to get an answer. With something as big as AT&T, they are probably states apart. So whoever is "testing" cyan will probably NEVER have contact with whoever handles the twitter/facebook pages.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Fact proofed, ATTCustomerCare is just i d i o t. No matter what you ask. they always redered you to their consumer blog. If 920 Cyan meet some problems for releasing. I think they should clarify it, rather than i d i o t's reply like that.

Just tweeted:

@ATTCustomerCare Lumia 920 users are not stupid. Tell us WHY cyan is delayed. Convince us that we're wrong about #ATTdoesntcare

Let's see how they respond...

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
a little patience maybe ?

didn't they just roll out Cyan for 1020 and 1520 ? Maybe we can expect it in the next couple of weeks.

AFAIK, Cyan doesn't bring any improvements to 920. The camera improvements are for 1520 / 1020. With 8.1 GDR1 I'm getting good battery life so basically there're no incentives to upgrade if you're on Dev preview.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I know America has some of the worst telecoms in the world but this is ridiculous. Even Rogers here in Canada gave my 920 the Cyan update last week...

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
...With 8.1 GDR1 I'm getting good battery life so basically there're no incentives to upgrade if you're on Dev preview.

Wow, battery life on 8.1 without Cyan is anything but good. Pathetic would be much more accurate. I've been tweeting ATTCustomerCare as well with no luck.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow, battery life on 8.1 without Cyan is anything but good. Pathetic would be much more accurate. I've been tweeting ATTCustomerCare as well with no luck.

do a hard reset. yes, you lose everything. it will help in the end.
also, 920 has reached eol and as such will get cyan last.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
meant to say the 1020 is reaching eol but it but has gotten cyan.
the 920 can't be far behind. saw in another article here on WPC
that maybe this week.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
a little patience maybe ?

didn't they just roll out Cyan for 1020 and 1520 ? Maybe we can expect it in the next couple of weeks.

AFAIK, Cyan doesn't bring any improvements to 920. The camera improvements are for 1520 / 1020. With 8.1 GDR1 I'm getting good battery life so basically there're no incentives to upgrade if you're on Dev preview.

The incentive for me is to get Fitbit running... Doesn't without Cyan.

Ralph Casimir

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
My ATT rant on Twitter today:

@joebelfiore Microsoft should seize control of @windowsphone firmware updates because @ATT won't inform users about status & #ATTdoesntcare

made an account (for personal reasons) and made a new hash tag: #joebelfioredoesntcare. Since at&t won't give straight answers, belfiore is the next best option.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
made an account (for personal reasons) and made a new hash tag: #joebelfioredoesntcare. Since at&t won't give straight answers, belfiore is the next best option.

I'm not sure that's fair. I suspect Microsoft had to make some concessions to get AT&T to take on WP (they were the first carrier to do so), and with all carriers, give the carriers final authority on software/firmware releases (not unexpected since the carriers are going to be the first-tier support).

I think the DP is Microsoft's way of getting around the carrier sign-off. They've made it available to everyone, waiving all dev fees. Everyone who is aware that a major update/upgrade is coming can get the software now, knowing that support is limited.

If WP had 10% market share and growing, JB might be able to press the carriers about the release. And although part of cause of the low market share may be the carriers themselves, Microsoft is probably doing all they can to get 8.1, with all its improvements and new features, on the streets. Why wouldn't they?

Ralph Casimir

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure that's fair. I suspect Microsoft had to make some concessions to get AT&T to take on WP (they were the first carrier to do so), and with all carriers, give the carriers final authority on software/firmware releases (not unexpected since the carriers are going to be the first-tier support).

I think the DP is Microsoft's way of getting around the carrier sign-off. They've made it available to everyone, waiving all dev fees. Everyone who is aware that a major update/upgrade is coming can get the software now, knowing that support is limited.

If WP had 10% market share and growing, JB might be able to press the carriers about the release. And although part of cause of the low market share may be the carriers themselves, Microsoft is probably doing all they can to get 8.1, with all its improvements and new features, on the streets. Why wouldn't they?

true, but neither he himself or Microsoft has, to my knowledge, made mention of this. Also, I got a look at his twitter page and I've been checking on wpcentral, but neither has said much on this matter. If he (or others) starts talking about this after my twitter statement, I'll gladly take back the hashtag.

Joe Rodak

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been very vocal about the issue with AT&T on their Facebook page (I don't use twitter.) Every time I get the same canned response such as "we have no news to share at this time" or "we understand your concern." I'm going to be filing a complaint with the FCC today like I did with the Amber update delay and I encourage you all to do the same. That forces AT&T to respond to you by phone.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
My tweet today:

@ATTCustomerCare Where is cyan firmware for @windowsphone? Only 3 carriers in the world are still testing. @FCC needs to know #ATTdoesntcare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium