09-05-2014 12:54 PM
63 123
tools
    I posted this on the ATT Community in a thread where 920 owners are screaming for cyan. Of course, no response from AT&T.

Let's take this PUBLIC. We may not be a huge number, but a even 100 negative tweets shared exponentially with all our followers, will get more attention from AT&T than whining here in WPCentral (which I doubt they even know exists).

Get on Twitter and let's use a single hashtag... #ATTdoesntcare. Tweet daily. Perhaps if everyone who is following us reads about AT&T's concern (or lack thereof), AT&T's marketing department will start hammering the engineering department.

I can't find a twitter account for Glenn Lurie, who was appointed CEO of AT&T Mobility two days ago, but be sure to include @ATT in your tweets so they get copies of every angry word.

This was my first tweet:

@ATT is turning a deaf ear to customers demanding updates to @windowsphone. I just want BT LE. #ATTdoesntcare

Feel free to copy and paste. And please add a comment in this thread if you're willing to become an activist.
    HeyCori, dcbakkk and JohnStrk like this.
    08-28-2014 11:44 AM
    I just tweeted it to @ATT.
    Thanks for posting.
    Nerdy Woman and dcbakkk like this.
    08-28-2014 11:49 AM
    What about Facebook? I don't have twitter and not gonna get it
    08-28-2014 12:31 PM
    I posted this on the ATT Community in a thread where 920 owners are screaming for cyan. Of course, no response from AT&T.

Let's take this PUBLIC. We may not be a huge number, but a even 100 negative tweets shared exponentially with all our followers, will get more attention from AT&T than whining here in WPCentral (which I doubt they even know exists).

Get on Twitter and let's use a single hashtag... #ATTdoesntcare. Tweet daily. Perhaps if everyone who is following us reads about AT&T's concern (or lack thereof), AT&T's marketing department will start hammering the engineering department.

I can't find a twitter account for Glenn Lurie, who was appointed CEO of AT&T Mobility two days ago, but be sure to include @ATT in your tweets so they get copies of every angry word.

This was my first tweet:

@ATT is turning a deaf ear to customers demanding updates to @windowsphone. I just want BT LE. #ATTdoesntcare

Feel free to copy and paste. And please add a comment in this thread if you're willing to become an activist.
    Contacting AT&T alone wouldn't do much. You would need to throw in the @JoeBelfiore and @ Nokia since he's the head of the windows phone team and the nokia part is obvious.
    08-28-2014 12:44 PM
    What about Facebook? I don't have twitter and not gonna get it
    That works too. Please do a quick search for ATT's FB page and tag them in your post. Thank you!
    08-28-2014 12:46 PM
    Contacting AT&T alone wouldn't do much. You would need to throw in the @JoeBelfiore and @ Nokia since he's the head of the windows phone team and the nokia part is obvious.
    If you have room in your tweet, by all means, add JB and Nokia. Since other countries have cyan on the 920, I don't think Microsoft is the issue at this point. ATT replied to my tweet within 30 minutes of posting, albeit to refer me to their blog where the latest article is about updates to Blackberry (for which I "graciously" thanked them). But that's more responsive than they've been in their own community forums...

It doesn't take any more energy than posting here and maybe, if we can get some traction, we can at least let them know we are not content to be ignored.
    08-28-2014 12:57 PM
    If you have room in your tweet, by all means, add JB and Nokia. Since other countries have cyan on the 920, I don't think Microsoft is the issue at this point. ATT replied to my tweet within 30 minutes of posting, albeit to refer me to their blog where the latest article is about updates to Blackberry (for which I "graciously" thanked them). But that's more responsive than they've been in their own community forums...

It doesn't take any more energy than posting here and maybe, if we can get some traction, we can at least let them know we are not content to be ignored.
    well good luck to you. i don't have twitter nor do i want one. i will put your idea on the 8.1 tracking forum, so maybe it can get some traction.
    Nerdy Woman and HeyCori like this.
    08-28-2014 02:06 PM
    I really, really really dont want to use DP, but ATT is in stand by. I was hoping for today, but i guess the next week would be the same, nobody knows.
    Geez, i really want the official "drivers" with Cyan for ATT, but i goint to use DP.

Maybe Cyan for L920 on DP would be faster than ATT.
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    08-28-2014 02:47 PM

Tweeted it to JoeBelfiore as well.
    08-28-2014 03:29 PM
    It's a great idea, we may not have AT&T in the Uk but our EE network here is just as bad, every other uk 920 has cyan except us
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    08-28-2014 03:38 PM
    i have gotten good results tweeting @attcustomercare good luck, well by good luck i mean they atleast tweeted back
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    08-28-2014 04:07 PM
    I don't think they really care, they have always been very slow about rolling out updates. The one update we got about a year ago about this same time did not roll out until about a month behind the other carriers they were last major carrier to roll it out .

If it's buggy I want them to fix it, but I really do not think that's the problem, once they have you hooked they just don't care.

Check out last years, it started rolling out in Aug and AT&T subscribers did not get it until OCT We got a long way to go and WAIT

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...-about-us.html
    08-28-2014 04:10 PM
    I just tweeted it to @ATT.
    Thanks for posting.

I tweeted AT&T and ATTCostumerCare, the same with you that I was refered to ATTConsumerBlog, tongue-tied.
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    08-28-2014 09:43 PM
    It's a great idea, we may not have AT&T in the Uk but our EE network here is just as bad, every other uk 920 has cyan except us
    All Cyan update is existing in China.
    08-28-2014 09:48 PM
    I don't think they really care, they have always been very slow about rolling out updates. The one update we got about a year ago about this same time did not roll out until about a month behind the other carriers they were last major carrier to roll it out .

If it's buggy I want them to fix it, but I really do not think that's the problem, once they have you hooked they just don't care.

Check out last years, it started rolling out in Aug and AT&T subscribers did not get it until OCT We got a long way to go and WAIT

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...-about-us.html
    Now, There is nothing to express my dissatisfaction. I just wanna fk damned att. everybody should do this.
    08-28-2014 09:52 PM
    My ATT rant on Twitter today:

@joebelfiore Microsoft should seize control of @windowsphone firmware updates because @ATT won't inform users about status & #ATTdoesntcare
    JohnStrk and dcbakkk like this.
    08-29-2014 10:46 AM
    My ATT rant on Twitter today:

@joebelfiore Microsoft should seize control of @windowsphone firmware updates because @ATT won't inform users about status & #ATTdoesntcare
    Agree with you, so what are their responses. I tweeted @ATT @ATTCustomerCare @nokia @NokiaUS @NokiaCareUS. But answer is always patience, all my patience had been ended. except patience, what we have.
    See my twitter capture:
    screenshot20140830000913.pngscreenshot20140830001001.png
    08-29-2014 11:10 AM
    I dont know if go to DP and wait for Cyan or wait and wait for ATT. What do you think guys?
    08-29-2014 11:36 AM
    Agree with you, so what are their responses. I tweeted @ATT @ATTCustomerCare @nokia @NokiaUS @NokiaCareUS. But answer is always patience, all my patience had been ended. except patience, what we have.
    It looks like Nokia is being more responsive than ATT. But the answers? Blah, blah, blah. I sometimes wonder if their marketing departments realize that we are not idiots and that if they will explain the delays, we'll understand...
    08-29-2014 11:37 AM
    It looks like Nokia is being more responsive than ATT. But the answers? Blah, blah, blah. I sometimes wonder if their marketing departments realize that we are not idiots and that if they will explain the delays, we'll understand...
    Fact proofed, ATTCustomerCare is just i d i o t. No matter what you ask. they always redered you to their consumer blog. If 920 Cyan meet some problems for releasing. I think they should clarify it, rather than i d i o t's reply like that.
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    08-29-2014 12:35 PM
    unless it's a huge money issue, social media teams probably only have contact to marketing staff... thus the "blah blah" answers. In a smaller company, the person handling social media can just yell across the room to get an answer. With something as big as AT&T, they are probably states apart. So whoever is "testing" cyan will probably NEVER have contact with whoever handles the twitter/facebook pages.
    08-29-2014 12:42 PM
    Fact proofed, ATTCustomerCare is just i d i o t. No matter what you ask. they always redered you to their consumer blog. If 920 Cyan meet some problems for releasing. I think they should clarify it, rather than i d i o t's reply like that.
    Just tweeted:

@ATTCustomerCare Lumia 920 users are not stupid. Tell us WHY cyan is delayed. Convince us that we're wrong about #ATTdoesntcare

Let's see how they respond...
    dcbakkk and JunIzNumbah1 like this.
    08-29-2014 12:43 PM
    And the answer is... "we're clueless, too."

attdumb.png
    dcbakkk likes this.
    08-29-2014 01:18 PM
    a little patience maybe ?

didn't they just roll out Cyan for 1020 and 1520 ? Maybe we can expect it in the next couple of weeks.

AFAIK, Cyan doesn't bring any improvements to 920. The camera improvements are for 1520 / 1020. With 8.1 GDR1 I'm getting good battery life so basically there're no incentives to upgrade if you're on Dev preview.
    08-30-2014 12:43 AM
    I started tweeting
    08-30-2014 04:12 AM
63 123