M8 vs 830

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
So given that it's confirmed the HTC One M8 will be coming to T-Mobile this fall and assuming the rumors the 830 (or variant) will be coming to T-Mobile are true, which phone would you choose?

I'd probably have to lean towards the HTC because it's probably a little higher spec'ed, but the camera still bothers me.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I chose the 1520.3... The speed on the chipset for M8 is clocked out at 0.1 GHz faster and the 801 Snapdragon has a slightly quicker camera initialization, but that is it...

I got 32GB internal storage, 1080p Screen, 20 MP camera, microSDXC up to 128GB, 2GB RAM, Quad Core 2.2 GHz CPU + Adreno 330 GPU and all the Nokia Apps.

The only sacrifice is no T-MoUS WiFi calling.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The size is... Immense. Just 3 days in and I'm starting to get used to it. Yes I can put it in my pocket. No I can't use it one handed, but I never really do that anyway.

I've been in to T-Mo stores about 3 times this summer asking about the rumored 1525 and none of the clerks will so much as admit that they know what a Windows Phone is, let alone that a flagship level phone might be coming.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The back of the HTC One M8 turns me off to the phone with the antenna separators shown. Don't like the look of the back! Otherwise it a great smatphone and the camera is not that good compare to other high end smartphones but it has beat audio built-in to the front!

dually5000

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Ditto, as a member of the jump program I traded my 925 for the G3. Why would I trade a Flagship for a mid tier 830. As for the M8 I'm still not convinced about the whole ultrapixel thing

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The 925 isn't a flagship, it was an expensive mid-tier phone. It lacked qi charging, increase memory verses it's better cousin the 920.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The M8 is the only flagship windows phone, that will be released in the next 3 months. I doubt we will see a 152x on tmobile. They never carried the higher memory 925, or the 920, or 930 :(

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Lumia over HTC anyday. Why? Take a look at the 1520, 1 year after release it gets 4K recording. Would you get that kind of support with HTC? Who knows what you'll get in a year's time on the 830, only problem will be Tmo would probably have EOL'd it by then!

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Currently I would have to say the HTC M8 But think of this as T-MO will get the m8 for the Christmas holidays the device it's self will be a just shy of a year old. T-MO for some reason does not support WP they have yet to dish out WP8.1

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
That's what will keep me from getting one....a year old. I have the Android M8 currently, but I want a winphone!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Van Damme

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't care how much a flagship M8 is, the way they already started to ignore it puts me off. Htc just announced some cool picture software for their mid-range and high end android products. No love for their M8 with windows phone. They just announced the stanalone Re camera, that supports every android and even ios devices, but no love to windows phone, not even exclusive for their own phones. Let's face Htc won't give anymore love to their windows M8. They will provide updates on some of their own apps that come preinstalled, maybe port over some new feature from their android phones in the next 6 months and that's it.

You want the updates, the cool new features that will come down the line, the cool accessories and first party support you go with Lumia. I'd suggest however to waith untill january february for the trade shows to happen to see what they will rlease then, another phablet, or 1020 successor, or if not at least the rumours of the next flagship will happen. You don't want to buy the M8, see it being ignored on updates and features, at the same time the others will get some new cool stuff

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Well here it is December and still not a peep from T-Mo about the 830. I'm leaning towards the M8 because A) I don't know if the 830 will ever get here, and B) I'm not liking the consistent comments about the quality of the 830 (back and search buttons not responding, among others). If T-Mo does ever get a real flagship Lumia, which is what I would really like, then I can always jump out of one of my other phones or pay the difference and jump this one.

venious

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Wife got the m8. Awesome solid phone. I also like some of the additional touches that HTC adds, like the ability to hide the bottom back,start,search bar, which makes watching video a lit more pleasant compared to my 635.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Think I am going to wait and see what is announced at the start of the year and go from there. M8 looks nice, but I really like the look of the Lumias

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes