Just to be curious I called this 3 companies that I wanted a new contract with a nice high end device. All 3 asked me what I would like to have. I said a good camera and apps like Whatsapp, Facebook and Instagram. All 3 said that the best phones at the moment are the Samsung Galaxy and the LG. KPN also added the Iphone 5. Okay I told them that I heard the Lumia has a very good 20mp camera. Believe it or not... ALL 3 said yes that's true BUT it is with Windows Phone and it is very difficult to use and that it is not popular. The guy of T-Mobile even told me: Yes but WP has not apps like in Android, for example they have no instagram... At the end of my conversations Vodafone and KPN adviced me to take the LG (with 13mp camera) and after a long discussion T-Mobile agreed to take the Lumia 930 because I was right about the camera. But not because of Windows Phone because the OS is too difficult.
    Really people... This is how sellers talk about WP!!! This is one big reason that WP is behind...
    What do you think?
    08-28-2014 01:17 PM
    While everyone agrees with what you said, no one has a solution to fix this problem. Probably with all the LOW end phones now out (630/635/530) and at great prices the market share should pick up. Most of the high end people have phones. And if they do get a new one they will probably stick to the system they already have. New users are more likely to try WP 8

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-28-2014 07:04 PM
    Just to be curious I called this 3 companies that I wanted a new contract with a nice high end device. All 3 asked me what I would like to have. I said a good camera and apps like Whatsapp, Facebook and Instagram. All 3 said that the best phones at the moment are the Samsung Galaxy and the LG. KPN also added the Iphone 5. Okay I told them that I heard the Lumia has a very good 20mp camera. Believe it or not... ALL 3 said yes that's true BUT it is with Windows Phone and it is very difficult to use and that it is not popular. The guy of T-Mobile even told me: Yes but WP has not apps like in Android, for example they have no instagram... At the end of my conversations Vodafone and KPN adviced me to take the LG (with 13mp camera) and after a long discussion T-Mobile agreed to take the Lumia 930 because I was right about the camera. But not because of Windows Phone because the OS is too difficult.
    Really people... This is how sellers talk about WP!!! This is one big reason that WP is behind...
    What do you think?
    This is very true at least in the retail stores; the sales associates try to convert you to a different phone all together. Verizon in many stores don't even display the Icon. You have to ask for it and then they go to the stockroom to retrieve it for you to look at! The sales person will try to you not to buy it and to buy either the iPhone or the Galaxy. LOL!
    08-30-2014 09:59 AM
    Even if you start to talk and show interest about Windows Phone they try to sell you a Samsung Galaxy or IPhone...
    08-30-2014 10:45 AM
    Every tmobile store I went to asked what I was looking for and I named windows phone then they asked me why I liked windows, after I told them I like the is they went in to sell me on the phones they had none of the three that I went to tried to sway me from wp
    08-30-2014 10:52 AM
    Still at a loss why people still listen to sales reps in 2014...
    Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    08-30-2014 11:03 AM
    Here in the UK sales reps are generally happy to help you get the phone right for you, even if it's not a popular handset. Our stores have WPs on display and if an employee does not know about the device he'll just be honest.

Then again, our sales staff aren't paid off (bribed) by big name companies in order to recommend their products, so it's a lot easier for our reps to speak honestly. Our mobile carriers also have far less of a stranglehold on our devices so it's a lot easier for a consumer to mix and match phone and network to suit their personal preference.
    crisdiaz01 likes this.
    08-30-2014 06:41 PM