Next Windows Phone for AT&T?

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know what might be the next Windows phone coming for AT&T?
I asked a store representative a couple of weeks ago and he had no clue.

I wish they would get the Lumia 930 at least. I did get a chance to play with the new HTC Verizon model at a Microsoft Kiosk.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
IFA starts Sept 4th. They'll probably announce L830 and L730. They may announce the carriers at that time as well.

It's been stated that the HTC is making it's way to all US carriers.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know what might be the next Windows phone coming for AT&T?
I asked a store representative a couple of weeks ago and he had no clue.

I wish they would get the Lumia 930 at least. I did get a chance to play with the new HTC Verizon model at a Microsoft Kiosk.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
at&t corporate store reps usually don't have much information on
new phones until a week before they launch.
the HTC M8 for Windows is due at some point -maybe- this year.
they just -within the last month- released the green 1520.
RUMOR of the 930.
there is always a facebook page that i help on that relates to at&t
and there are sometimes posts put up there on devices that may
be coming to at&t.

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I was just going to ask this same question. I'm almost due for an upgrade on my 920, and I'm debating if I should hold on for something better from AT&T or switch over to Verizon and grab an Icon. At least with Verizon, I know my Qi chargers will still work.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was just going to ask this same question. I'm almost due for an upgrade on my 920, and I'm debating if I should hold on for something better from AT&T or switch over to Verizon and grab an Icon. At least with Verizon, I know my Qi chargers will still work.

We know there's going to be the midrange 830 coming to ATT, which is a sidegrade for the most part.
Personally I think I'll stick with my 920 since I'm only a year in, but someone else might have an aging 920 and appreciate the added features.
Although if I were a day one customer waiting, I might just slap in a new battery to my 920 and call it a day.

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
We know there's going to be the midrange 830 coming to ATT, which is a sidegrade for the most part.
Personally I think I'll stick with my 920 since I'm only a year in, but someone else might have an aging 920 and appreciate the added features.
Although if I were a day one customer waiting, I might just slap in a new battery to my 920 and call it a day.

Problem is, it's not just the battery on my 920. I have a vertical blue line on the screen which I'm told is the LED, it's showing some wear, and to be honest, I would like to get a new phone. This one's great, but it's heavy.

We know the 830 is out there, but I'm not seeing that as an upgrade, per se, but more as a side-step. Guess it's time to check out Verizon.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
i'm asking myself this same question. I want to ditch Verizon for being jerks with cyan, but I want something at least as good as the icon I have now. the 930 works but no lte, and size wise that's as big as I want to go. skeptical about going htc assuming better app support from the lumia line. oh and the camera, icon has a fantastic camera.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
It seemed like when I got my 920, WP devices were just flowing out. Now that I can actually upgrade, there doesn't seem to be anything in the pipeline worth waiting for. I had debated about the 1520, but I don't want to get stuck with an aging device that might now make the cut for the next gen of the OS. I have been holding out to see if anything is coming that I would truly want but I just haven't heard anything. I am starting to think I will just grab a 1520 on the next plan and wait out another year...

AntiAB

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 1520 is the top windows phone out there. I don't think they will be making a phone better than the 1520 for quite awhile. And even if they do the 1520 is still a pretty darn good phone 📞. Good graphics and wonderful speed. You should just get the 1520

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Coming up on 2 years with my HTC 8x. Would like an upgrade.with a high end current device. Don't see any on the horizon. The 830 is referred to as a mid range phone. So is anything new coming to AT&T that would be considered a high end device?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon