So during Uncarrier 7.0 T-mobile announced an open enrollment for their Jump program as an incentive to get people to get a new phone compatible with their new WiFi calling and texting initiative. I chatted with a T-mobile rep asking about the limitations of this promotion. According to him there is nothing to prevent you from joining jump during this promotion and dropping it the next month. He also said that any money owed on a previous phone is dropped if you trade in your old phone. Unfortunately he said no older phones would be compatible with the new WiFi calling, even though it supported their previous WiFi calling system. So I thought about upgrading my Lumia 925 during this period, but their best Windows Phone currently is the Lumia 635. The rep had no info on any new phones coming out, so if your a Windows Phone user who is looking to take advantage of this promotion unless you want to go with the 635 or switch to iOS or Android you're out of luck. The promotion runs from Sept 18 - Oct 17.
    09-11-2014 10:34 AM
    I have a Lumia 925, too, which I bought out right, and I'm still waiting for the Cyan update on this so that my WiFi calling will allow text messages. So, did the T-mobile rep basically say that the Lumia 925, on WP 8.0/Lumia Black, won't be able to have WiFi calling on the new system? Or maybe that it will after the Cyan update? I pretty much rely on that feature when I'm at work, and if it doesn't work on the new system, that would be bad. I like my 925 a lot otherwise, and don't really want to spend more money on a new phone. I guess this is worth looking into. Thanks for the heads up.
    09-15-2014 03:33 PM
    I have a Lumia 925, too, which I bought out right, and I'm still waiting for the Cyan update on this so that my WiFi calling will allow text messages. So, did the T-mobile rep basically say that the Lumia 925, on WP 8.0/Lumia Black, won't be able to have WiFi calling on the new system? Or maybe that it will after the Cyan update? I pretty much rely on that feature when I'm at work, and if it doesn't work on the new system, that would be bad. I like my 925 a lot otherwise, and don't really want to spend more money on a new phone. I guess this is worth looking into. Thanks for the heads up.
    They said only their current line up and future phones would support the new WiFi calling. They didn't say anything about phasing out their old system yet, so you still may be able to use WiFi calling once Cyan comes.
    09-16-2014 09:00 AM
    I have a Lumia 925, too, which I bought out right, and I'm still waiting for the Cyan update on this so that my WiFi calling will allow text messages.
    Maybe I'm taking this out of some context but my wife has a T-Mobile 925 bought out right and its on 8.1.1 (DP) and text messages and wifi calling work fine. The OP mentioned "NEW" wifi calling. Is that the difference? I didn't hear about any new wifi calling; is there a write up somewhere? TIA
    09-16-2014 12:20 PM
    09-16-2014 12:25 PM
    Thanks. I had seen that. But I'm not seeing anything there about changes to the wifi calling software. Maybe there is but I don't think its covered there. It just seems to say they no longer sell phones that can't run it and extend it to more plan types.
    09-16-2014 12:45 PM